Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The coils are just way too much for me at over $1000 but wut about the springs--Does anyone know anything about them????

This is from the web page-It doesnt seem right...2.4 in front and and 1.2 in the rear.....I want to know more

NISSAN SENTRA

B14 95-98 STECH SKP16-AUB00
$220.00 3/168
5/280
-2.4 -30

I know we need to have a lower drop up front but 2.4 compared to 1.2!?!?!?!?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
I know it seems like a big difference, but I bet you would be surprised. Mesure a stock B14 from hub center to fender lip and see what you come up with for difference front to rear. Then compare what would happen with that 2.4" front 1.2" rear drop. That should give you an idea of the situation. As far as lowering springs go for a B14 I think a 1.2" rear drop would be a heck of a lot nicer then the others out there for travel reasons. I am not sure however about how much of a drop the front will take. Stiffness plays a role too. The stiffer they are the less chance you have of hitting the stops. IIRC the front rate of those is higher then any of the Eibach springs and these are linear rate, the Eibachs are progresive.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn Pat U seem to be the go to guy here in the Suspension world--You're on just about everythread....lol

SO Im getting the feeling that you think I should go ahead and try these springs...Im gonna try this measuring up thing U mentioned--MAYBE it'll make it easier for me to get them...

I just hate being the Guinea Pig.....uknow

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sel I would luv to get in on a Group Buy but....I dont want to have to wait to have this all setup and then people start backing out and everything.....

I just know I have to get rid of these Arospeed crap coilovers ASAP!!

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
my car is screaming for a drop....i don't need Co's
I will not be doing anything but street driving or drag at the track...
but these springs sound good..
and the price is really catching..

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess I should take a risk than--I mean I can tell they handle their business right cuz they already have the drops set according to how a Sentra really is

·
Driver
736 Posts
PatScottAKA99XE said:
Stiffer than Eibachs
True. When I get suspension, I'll be getting something like 450f, 400r minimum though. If the Teins were at least 200-300f, I was considering them. It's alright though.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
barnoun said:
True. When I get suspension, I'll be getting something like 450f, 400r minimum though. If the Teins were at least 200-300f, I was considering them. It's alright though.

Look Im gonna be honest here Im not even sure how this rate thing works really....Barnoun you're saying U would want 450f-400r--That seems like such a big diff. from what these Teins have to offer--BUT

I dont get it---The Teins are 280f and you're saying if they were 200-300f U would consider them...

·
Driver
736 Posts
MP2050 said:
...I dont get it---The Teins are 280f and you're saying if they were 200-300f U would consider them...
ahhh! Sorry for the confusion(don't know what I was on;)) I thought 280 was the rear rate. I'd like 450f/400r but that's kind of expensive. The teins do sound good at 280f/168r. Now I am considering them.

edit: Where did you find these springs? I checked on the teinusa.com site and they aren't listed.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah they do bar....http://tein.com/nissan.html

Just go under coil overs and theres a spring set-up section

Now U prob. dont remember me barnoun but when I first got on B15sentra.net U were the one that helped me when I had no idea wut to do about Being stuck with Arospeed coils....Anyways U told me to get rid of them-I didnt listen to that or your suggestion about the B13 strut up front

IM AN IDIOT!!!!!

But if you're giving these the OK along with Pat than Im on my way to ordering...

·
Driver
736 Posts
!

Hold up, I just checked on the link you gave me, and while they are listed there, the front rate is indeed 168, and the rear is 280. I don't know, but 168lbs/in. does sound low for a 2.4in front drop. What do you think Pat?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Uthink it should be higher right..... I dont even know how this works or wut it means --the rates???

The higer the rate the better right???

·
Driver
736 Posts
Well, the higher the rates the faster the car settles into a corner. It reacts quicker during transitions and is less likely to hit the bumpstops. The main reason why the front rates should be higher is because the car's being lowered 2.4 inches up front. That's a lot considering we have little travel to begin with. If the rate is higher, the suspension will have less of a tendency to hit the bumpstops. There's other reasons why you want higher front/rear rates, but I don't know enough to feel confident trying to explain them(they have to do with higher rear rates inducing rotation and stuff like that). For the street though, that's the main reason(if you want to maintain a somewhat comfortable ride).

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So 168 isnt enuff for a 2.4 drop....It is more than Eibach and I dont think any other Spring really matches up to them--that I know of..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts