Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, my GA16DE finally died. My aunt bought it new in 1991, then drove it for about 135K miles, then gave it to me. I fixed the motor as best I could, tore off the cat, put a modified short ram intake on it and am MSD Blaster 3 ignition and drove it till the motor died. Even after the rings around cylinder 1 cumbled the engine still ran another 5K miles.

So I decided to tear the entire motor apart, and so far the only parts left on the motor make up the bottom end. Here are some high resolution pics of the progress...

The car after some ripping apart... I took the VW R32 wing off the roof already..

Here's the modified short ram. This setup eliminates the enire intake and uses a valve cover breather.

Here's the re-assebled intake... rather complete minus a couple hoses. It's even got the fuel rail in there.

Complete distributor with new cap and rotor.

Nice new remanufactured starter.

Exhaust cam.

Intake cam.

I hope to tear the whole motor down. I'm going to keep a piston and connecting rod, then give the other ones to some friends (And one to my girlfriend). The rest of this stuff I'm going to clean up and sell. The head is worthless, and so is all the bottom end rotating stuff, but the top end (Minus the head) isn't in bad shape.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well guys, Send me PM's and maybe we can move this stuff.

I'll take $12 shipped for the cable. It was in good working order and is rust free (Except for some surface rust on the mounting nuts, but they're still fine.

$50 sounds reasonable for the short ram intake with the MAF, but we can work something out if you don't need the MAF. This assembly also includes a chrome breather and breather hose shown below. I did the modification because the hoses on the car were all cracked before the MAF and the airbox. By cutting the tube back before some of the vacume/breather hoses, I managed to get rid of the intake box, the intake resonator, and all the extra piping with one compact short-ram package. Sounda pretty mean too. You may want to get some more oil for the filter though, but it worked fine for me.

This picture shows the breather and hose that come with the intake. The MSD Blaster 3 ignition coil does not come with the intake... ;)

All the injectors work as well, they also look to be in good shape. one has a bit of oil on it from poor piston rings but it still works great. $25 per injector shipped or $90 for the complete fuel rail with all 4 injectors. If you buy just injectors I'll pull the best looking ones for you. :)

If anyone wants he hood with the hood scoop I'll bondo and prime it and sell it minus a paint job for you. It looks good but kinda cheap with the welds sticking out. All I did was take a cutoffwheel on an angle grinder and cut a scoop off a lawn tractor before welding it onto he stock hood. Only the best for my baby... :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
How many miles on this car? Mine had 200k and the cable craped. I'm also in need of a good lower drivers side door hinge,Fatty Patty used to own this ride and did some heavy leaning as she got out and killed the lower hinge! I also am in need of a Passenger side Power mirror. Let me know what you got and we can work a deal. If the other Dude does not buy the filter I'll take it. I only need the filter though. I just dugv a MAF out of the Bone yard so I'm good with that...Let me know.. What did you say you want for the starter?? Hows the head??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The injectors will work with the 93 GA16DE. I'll throw in the grommets too since they all are in good shape.

The throttle cable is in nice condition... Here's a picture of the business end...

The plastic part is just over the cable in the pic, if you pull on the throttle body side of the cable itself you would see the cable itself. I just didn't want you to think this was the wrong cable.

The mirrors both work. I still gotta come up with a price on those.

The head is broken (By me trying to get it out...). The valves were kinda sticky though, and it could've used a rebuilt, but it's in one piece. I can sell parts off the head but not the head itself due to the nature of the damage.

Starter is a good remanufactured unit. Only a couple thousand miles on it and the gear is still in great shape. I'll take $65 shipped. I also have a starter in brand new condition with a rebuilt solenoid and brushes from a 5.9L straight six Cummins diesel that I'll let go for $120, but I doubt you guys have any need for one... ;)

As far as the filter goes... What parts do you want? I can do just the filter and the adapter but I don't know how much shipping these parts would be.

·
Registered
313 Posts
If the filter is in good shape I can use a free floing type with the adaptor. Are you sure the cable is ok? It looks like it's been around for some time? I need it for sure but I want to make sure It's ok. Is there any way you can slide it in and out to verify it's operation??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get a video of the cable working tomorrow.

If anyone needs a good block and crank for a rebuild/overbore project I got a cheap one for you... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts