Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

At the title says... is there a doc/writeup/video showing where I might be able to tap a switched 12V line from in front of the mirror to use as a dashcam power source? Or better yet, maybe there is someone selling an adapter or cable for such a thing? Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If you have the factory Homelink or anti-dazzle mirror then there will be Ignition power on the Lt Blue wire pin 6 and ground on the Black wire pin 8. If it's an accessory rimless Homelink then it only has 2 wires, Red for Ignition and Black ground. If the mirror is plain-jane then you can take power off the map lamp supply (the roof console fixture just pulls down from the front), use the Pink wire on pin 1 for power and the Black on pin 6 for ground. Lastly, if you have a Lane Cam you can take power off that (the cover just pulls down), Lt Green on pin 3 is power and Black on pin 1 is ground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks- very helpful. We do have the lane cam, so I'll pull the cover soon and take a look.

Funny, my other ride for years has been a miata and even though there are only a fraction of miatas out there compared to rogues, I'm not seeing anything like the number of writeups/videos/how-to's- interesting how the culture is different!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
You're most welcome. I don't think it's gen2 Rogues in particular. The toys on modern cars mean lots of integration, and that's simply making them harder and harder to customize. Work-arounds to "fool" the computers into doing things they weren't designed for aren't easy to research or execute, because it isn't like any OEM computer code is open-sourced (or even has published specs). By contrast the gen1 Miatas are '57 Chevys, there's a guy who even put a Cummins 4BT diesel into one. Sadly, that kind of stuff is just about impossible with almost any car past 2012 or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're most welcome. I don't think it's gen2 Rogues in particular. The toys on modern cars mean lots of integration, and that's simply making them harder and harder to customize. Work-arounds to "fool" the computers into doing things they weren't designed for aren't easy to research or execute, because it isn't like any OEM computer code is open-sourced (or even has published specs). By contrast the gen1 Miatas are '57 Chevys, there's a guy who even put a Cummins 4BT diesel into one. Sadly, that kind of stuff is just about impossible with almost any car past 2012 or so.
Flyin' Miata for a while had a V8 kit for the 3rd generation cars w/a crate GM motor. The interesting part to me as a computer geek was the CAN interface- it fooled the motor into thinking it was in a GM car, and the car into thinking it had a Mazda motor......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts