Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4 door beast
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay im trying to take off my door panel , but i have run into a problem. you know for the manual window thats attached there, its the only thing keeping the panel onto the door. im not sure how to take it off considering i never done it before, so some help would be greatly appreciated...

please answer soon :)

·
4 door beast
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry for posting this , i searched and found the answer sorry for wasting time :X

·
4 door beast
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aww crap actually i thought i had it, but i dont.

i have no idea what the clip is, how it looks like... or anything

i looked behind my manual window crank, and i cant see jack.

can anyone give better instructions or have pictures to back up? help would be very appreciated ^^

·
**best avatar award**
2,596 Posts
just pull the crank handle off. if the metal clip bends or whatever then just bend it back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ekizz said:
aww crap actually i thought i had it, but i dont.

i have no idea what the clip is, how it looks like... or anything

i looked behind my manual window crank, and i cant see jack.

can anyone give better instructions or have pictures to back up? help would be very appreciated ^^
What I did was that I took a screwdriver and pried the crank away from the door a bit. Then I took a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled the little metal clip out. (It looks like a U flaired in a bit)
When I replaced my speakers the first time, it took me like an hour to find all of the clips (I was stuck on the same clip you are)

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
live4snow said:
What I did was that I took a screwdriver and pried the crank away from the door a bit. Then I took a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled the little metal clip out.
I've found that a chip remover (that metal puller thing that comes in every computer tool kit for absolutely no reason) works extremely well for this. It's the right size and the right shape. All you have to do is rotate the crank until you find the bottom of the "U", stick it under the silver clip, then pull it.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
ar02specv said:
Taking them off is easy. Putting them back on sucks.
The "U" clip? Putting them back in is easy. You put the clip in first, align the crank back up to the hole, then give the crank a quick rap and it will pop back on. The only thing you have to be careful of is making sure that the bottom of the "U" doesn't line up with the handle of the window crank. If you do that, the bottom of the "U" ends up behind the handle and you'll have a hard time getting it out the next time around.

·
4 door beast
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks a lot guys for helping me get out of this problem ive encountered :)

im also thinking about replacing the door inserts, what materials would you guys suggest? and is it as hard or easy as people say it is? to take off the material on the old door insert you just rip it off right?

sorry my words are kinda jumbled together, but i have lots of questions :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts