Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took a look at my brake calipers today.. im thinking of painting them silver... anyways.. i want to know... to take them off.. there are 2 bolts on the back of the rotor.. that i believe is what holds the caliper on... Now, if i remove these 2 bolts, does the caliper come off? im afraid ill take something off, and not be able to put it back on...

Someone take this bucket of snakes and lay it out for me

S

·
0 Posts
Paint the calipers while they are on. Just cover up everything else with newspaper and tape. That will much easier than taking everything apart.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't worry

It's okay to paint it with it on...

Nothing to worry about as long you use your newspaper to cover up.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
here's what you should do...Instead of using the spray paint, paint it on...

get yourself a jar lid or something. hold your breath and spray a few ounces of the spray paint into a jar lid so just the liquid paint fills the lid. Taking a paint brush, paint the silver color on by hand. Let the coat dry, spray more paint into the lid and do another coat. you should do a few coats and let dry for several hours before driving.

this is how I painted my letters so neatly on my valve cover. the result on your calipers will be a ton cleaner. and it should dry just as smooth as if you sprayed it on (without the drip and the specles in your fender).

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok.. finished project, pics soon.. but alls i did, was remove the 2 14mm bolts as joe said, then i went up and let it hang there by the rubber brake line.. *bleh* i covered my entire brake area with plastic bags, then i held the caliper as i sprayed.. i sprayed it like 4 times... "ford blue" lol.. its beautiful.. now i need some cool rims to let people see.. hhe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts