Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone know how I can take out my sunroof on my 95 200sx se? I have a rust spot and I need to take it out so I can fix it. Help (and fast) would be appreciated, thanks.

·
0 Posts
Psch91 said:
Hey guys, does anyone know how I can take out my sunroof on my 95 200sx se? I have a rust spot and I need to take it out so I can fix it. Help (and fast) would be appreciated, thanks.
It's kind of odd in the FSM (I can fax it to you if you like but it won't be till Tuesday when I get back to work) but here goes:

From BT-30 in the FSM

Sunroof Lid Assembly
Open sunroof shade
Close sunroof lid <- huh?
1. Remove side trim
2. Remove the six bolts securing lid assembly to sunroof assembly

Shade Assembly
3. After removing sunroof lid assembly, remove two screws securing drain channel
4. Remove drain channel
5. Remove shade assembly

Sunroof Assembly
Remove headlining. Refer to BT-20

(from BT-20: removing roof trim)

Remove driver air bag module and steering wheel. Refer to RS and ST section. You may be in over your head already? Personally, this step's not necessary
Fully tilt front right and left seatbacks backward.
Remove front pillar garnish. Refer to BT-15 (not hard, pull the rubber trim and yank away)
Remove center pillar upper garnish and rear pillar garnish (for sedan). Refer to BT-15
1. Remove sun visors
2. Remove interior light
3. Remove assist grips (if equipped) or coat hooks <- hehe, that's what they call the 'oh shit' handles... assist grips
4. Remove sunroof welt
5. Remove sunroof switch
6. Remove clips attached to roof
7. Take out headlining from the front passenger door

Back to BT-30:

Disconnect interior lamp harness
6. DIsconnect front and rear drain hoses
7. Remove screws securing sunroof motor to sunroof assembly
8. REmove sunroof motor and bracket
9. Remove nuts and bolts securing sunroof assembly to roof
10. Remove sunroof assembly

Still want to give it a shot? Some of this stuff I can't quite envision without the car in front of me. If you need any more help, let me know and I can run out to my car sometime today to check it out. Hope this helps

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure if that helps me -- yet. I dont want to completely remove it (not having one) I just want to loosen it so I can get at the rust spot. Ill have this handy when I go and work on my sunroof, thanks a lot. I can skip a few of those steps though since I wont completely remove it. Where did you find that anyhow?

·
0 Posts
Psch91 said:
Im not sure if that helps me -- yet. I dont want to completely remove it (not having one) I just want to loosen it so I can get at the rust spot. Ill have this handy when I go and work on my sunroof, thanks a lot. I can skip a few of those steps though since I wont completely remove it. Where did you find that anyhow?
Ok, yes then... pick and choose what you need. If you find that you need anymore help, let me know. The instructions were in the FSM. If you don't have one yet and plan on working on your car yourself, you should certainly pick one up. They're very helpful (and make for good reading at night when there's nothing better to do ;) ... at least when trying to learn more about the engine's internals

·
0 Posts
9double8 said:
Is there anyway to get the sunroof to open all the way?
Mine opens 2/3 of the way. I think that is most of them.
No, the track only goes so far. And there needs to be room for the motor as well. But it should go more than 2/3... like 7/8 or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts