Votes: 6 20.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently switched to All Clear Taillights from stocks and Im not too sure if I like them or not. Here are a couple of PSd ideas Im running through. Maybe you guys can help...

Stocks:

Clears:

Half Reds:

All Reds:

Everybody keep in mind these are PSd images and the ACTUAL taillights will probably turn out a darker shade of red,

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
As much as I usually hate clear taillights, they seem to work well on your car. My second vote is for half-red tails if you decide to get rid of the clears, Six.

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
The stock looks great, clear would be my choice but are they leagal in ur state? Half red looks kinda hondaish, and all red brings out ur car more. Tough chioce man, either one would look tight in dat sentra...nice kit.
Ever thought of getting altazzas? I know thier played but U rarely see em on sentras.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually...

I know everyones probably going to hate me for this but..., Altezzas are already on order. Im waiting to see what they look like when they get in before I figure out how to mod them. Ive got some ideas though, I think will redeem peoples faith in me. As for "Honda-ish"... agreed, but is there anything more "Honda-ish" than Altezza Taillights?

·
hYpNoTiC
370 Posts
my opinions

damn your runnin DUAL exhaust?!? PLEASE TELL me ITS JUST FOR LOOKS;) AND I Love your FEELS FENDERS MAN damn they are sweet!!!!!!!!!I say you go with all clears but if you were to get ALTEZZA here is my 10 cents, get the BLACK ones and open them up and once you get it, PAINT the RED circles sorta blackish using the taillight paint to match your FRONT head lights!!!! and OH YEA MY 2 cents was free!!!!:D RIGHT NOW I AM RUNNING THE SKYLINE, but they look more like CORVETTE STYLE tails made by SYNDICATE bro!!!! I LUV THEM!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Re: my opinions

CHI-B14SENTRA said:
RIGHT NOW I AM RUNNING THE SKYLINE,
Where are the pics you promised? ;)

I say stay away from the half clear idea...honda-ish...
As for altezzas, paint them black.
My choice out of all the pics you posted...stay clear.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Varitec, how did u cover the middle reflector white? I would love to do that in my car only black, or maybe clear?? Anyway to do this? Your car looks bad ass!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Damn.. what kit is that.. it looks really good? and is your dual exhaust functional? if so how'd you do it.. I'd stay with the clear tails if I were you.. they look good

·
Registered
126 Posts
the clear taillights really compliment the white paintjob. I say go clear

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn your runnin DUAL exhaust?!? PLEASE TELL me ITS JUST FOR LOOKS
EVERYTHING on this car externally is "Just for Looks". Including the scoops, widebody, and yes, dual exhaust. 99% of most aftermarket external mods dont help the performance of the car one bit.
I say you go with all clears but if you were to get ALTEZZA here is my 10 cents, get the BLACK ones and open them up and once you get it, PAINT the RED circles sorta blackish using the taillight paint to match your FRONT head lights!!!!
Several people have given me the same or similar suggestions. Im not sure if Im feeling that yet.
RIGHT NOW I AM RUNNING THE SKYLINE, but they look more like CORVETTE STYLE tails made by SYNDICATE bro!!!! I LUV THEM!!!!
Id like to see pics of that, once you get your car washed.
Varitec, how did u cover the middle reflector white? I would love to do that in my car only black, or maybe clear?? Anyway to do this?
1. Remove the middle reflector and your gas cap door.
2. Take the badge off the reflector.
3. Give them to a local paint shop.
4. Tell them you want them to look like twins.
5. 1 day and $20 later... reverse steps 1 and 2.
Damn.. what kit is that.. it looks really good? and is your dual exhaust functional? if so how'd you do it..
The kit is a combination of body parts found laying around Frankensteins lab. (NinjaCar Omega front, Extreme sides and rear, NinjaCar Feels Fenders, Z3 fender inserts, Predator hood, Roof scoop, Hood scoop, DTM wing, etc.) The Dual exhaust is functional. (I think I posted about this somewhere else?) I had an exhaust shop run custom piping from the cat back. Both muffs breathe the same. NinjaCar will eventually come out with a bolt on aftermarket application, if theres enough interest in it.
the half/falf top and bottom isn't going to happen. it's impossible to do that without redesigning the internal make up of the tails.
Half reds have nothing to do w/ the internals of the taillight. They require 10 min of time and $10 of taillight spray.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Half reds have nothing to do w/ the internals of the taillight. They require 10 min of time and $10 of taillight spray.
well unless you block of the top clear part, the clear section is going to light up just like the colored section and IMO, it's not going to be too pretty. either way, it reminds me of a stock civic:

also, with your dual exhaust, do you think you lost some power?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:

Its just for show.....not functional. ;)

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
andre said:

Its just for show.....not functional. ;)
he just said that they are......Look up 3 posts:

The Dual exhaust is functional. (I think I posted about this somewhere else?) I had an exhaust shop run custom piping from the cat back. Both muffs breathe the same. NinjaCar will eventually come out with a bolt on aftermarket application, if theres enough interest in it.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well unless you block of the top clear part, the clear section is going to light up just like the colored section and IMO, it's not going to be too pretty. either way, it reminds me of a stock civic:
Ah, I see what you mean, and youre absolutely right. I just didnt figure it would matter that much. As for being like a Civic, no doubt, but Civics have better taillights than Sentras to begin with IMO, so it doesnt really matter where it came from. And for the record, Civics copied their half reds from the BMWs, like the Z3 fenders, so in that way it aint that bad.
Mos def. Especially w/ the 3" piping all the way back. But I got it w/ a big ass turbo setup in mind, so itll come in handy down the road. Right now it sucks a fat one, but itll pay off in the near future.
Its just for show.....not functional.
Dual exhaust is NEVER "necessary" for our cars, even w/ a turbo set up, so in that way, its "just for show." Anyone who spends the time and money to y another pipe and mount another can, is lying if hes says its NOT for show. You can easily get enough exhaust from a larger diameter pipe to a single muffler.
It IS funtional, however, in that BOTH cans breathe, rather than a dummy can that just LOOKS nice but isnt hooked up, like some people do their exhausts.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i still think the all clears look best but on the Ninjacar website....How much does the Omega kit for the Sentra cost?? And can you buy it peice by peice cuz someone smashed my front bumper and I need a replacement soon...What style/type of exhaust do you have and how does it sound? Sweet ass car, i love the wide body look towards theheh rear of the car...wish i had a lot of cash

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
oops....that will teach me to keep my mouth shut. :(

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Most of you know what mine look like. For those that don't

I like all the above, with the exception of the half reds.

I have a few new ideas to keep mine looking fresh.

Six, I think yours look badass with the all clears.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, it DOES appear most people are liking the clears or the stocks the most, and the clears ARE startin to grow on me a little. Im gonna fiddle a little w/ the altezzas and make my final decision then.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.