Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '88 Sentra 2 dr with no tail lights. Brake lights and signals work. There is a brown 8-pin relay connected to the harness on the left side in the trunk that has parts rattling around inside. What is it called, and where can I get one? ( I know I can probably find one in a junkyard, but mine is 20 years old, and so is anything I would find in a yard. I'm not above searching through a junk yard, but new would be better.) Any sources for this part?

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is the stop and tail light sensor assembly and is one of the first things that usually gets grabbed when the car is in the boneyard. That is the sensor that triggers the light bulb warning light next to the low gas warning light on your dashboard under the cluster. Nissan part number is 28425 in case you have to go the stealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So this thing causes the warning light to go on on the dash if a bulb goes out... Is that all it does? I mean, can it be jumpered out of the circuit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Piece of cake-- a trip to the local U-Pull-It and I came back with two sensors, the missing door post trim, the window latch, and the missing hood vent cover. Total: $10.69. Not a bad haul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts