Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well first, what kind of driving application are you looking at? If it's just for street use, a small analog tach would be fine. A shift light would only really be necessary for drag racing, and would be annoying as hell on the street. Also, what transmission do you have? If it's a manual, definitely get an analog tach. A digital tach would be okay for an auto tranny, giving you an idea of the engine speed.

I personally like the first one listed, but the trouble with all aftermarket tachs is mounting it where it won't interfere with your ability to see out the windshield.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,276 Posts
nova73guy said:
Well first, what kind of driving application are you looking at? If it's just for street use, a small analog tach would be fine. A shift light would only really be necessary for drag racing, and would be annoying as hell on the street. Also, what transmission do you have? If it's a manual, definitely get an analog tach. A digital tach would be okay for an auto tranny, giving you an idea of the engine speed.

I personally like the first one listed, but the trouble with all aftermarket tachs is mounting it where it won't interfere with your ability to see out the windshield.
Agreed. I suggest you read up on the cluster change so the Tach is built in. I did this and it not that bad. I bit nerve racking with the wiring but excellent instructions.
Search "Cluster" "Tach" "Change"
Good Luck....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have straight drive (manual), and I was thinking about putting to my left side in the corner kind of like the 200SX project where they put theres.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts