Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
tach

I have the exact same problem with my 96 200SX SE-R, I have talked to a friend of mine at the dealer, He said he thought there is a TSB(Technical Service Bullitin) on it. I haven't yet, but the dealer should give you a copy of it if you ask

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
hey both my tach and speedo are jumpy lately. im no se-r but it bothers me.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i took it to the dealer back when i still had a used car warranty.....and they said they couldnt find anything.......who knows??

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
i am not sure on this, but check too see if the noise capacitor is good on the ignition system circuit. i am not positive if new Nissans use them. also, check the basics. get someone on the outside to wiggle wires and a harness and while you look inside to see if it jumps. it could be in the gauge itself.:confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i had asked the nissan dealer to go out and take it to my car......b/c it only really happens in heavy traffic merging and the very rare case of me running it at the track......so they said they went and put it through the paces and couldnt get anything abnormal to happen......so i just installed a autometer 3 inch tach on my dash........sorta make it look a lil more serious of a car.....not just a wanna be sports coupe!!! hehe

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
I had the jumpy tach feature on a 1980 Fiat Brava. Turns out that the distrbutor pick up wire was starting to fray, and that was the cause, even though the car was running perfectly. That dosen't mean it applies here necessarily though. Just thought i'd through it out as an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts