Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I would like some assistance with installing a tachometer in my sentra. It is the QG18, 1.8 liter, 2001 Nissan Sentra XE. This model did not come with a tachometer. I am trying to install the Sunpro Super Tach 2 mini. With 4 wires (red) power, white (illumination), black (ground) and green (RPM signal Wire). I have researched on B15.net and some of the users say that the 2001 model did not need an adaptor I have spoken with a SunPro tech as well.

Here is what I have attempted.

1.I tried splicing the (green Signal wire from the tach) to the blue wire with orange stripe but had no signal on the tach.

2.Removed the ECM from the car and tried to splice there (no signal), although a tech at sunpro indicated that the location on the ECM is PIN#32 which I could not locate because I dont have a diagram and I don't want to fry the ECM.

The one thing I havent tried is connecting to the coil but I could not find the coil. If you know where its at could you tell me where to locate it.

If you guys can help that would be great. Hopefully once I get it working I will post a full write up with pictures for everyone else that has this recurring question for their car. I have tried looking for install info in this site but it mostly refers to older sentra models.

Thanks !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Xf
Hi guys,

I would like some assistance with installing a tachometer in my sentra. It is the QG18, 1.8 liter, 2001 Nissan Sentra XE. This model did not come with a tachometer. I am trying to install the Sunpro Super Tach 2 mini. With 4 wires (red) power, white (illumination), black (ground) and green (RPM signal Wire). I have researched on B15.net and some of the users say that the 2001 model did not need an adaptor I have spoken with a SunPro tech as well.

Here is what I have attempted.

1.I tried splicing the (green Signal wire from the tach) to the blue wire with orange stripe but had no signal on the tach.

2.Removed the ECM from the car and tried to splice there (no signal), although a tech at sunpro indicated that the location on the ECM is PIN#32 which I could not locate because I dont have a diagram and I don't want to fry the ECM.

The one thing I havent tried is connecting to the coil but I could not find the coil. If you know where its at could you tell me where to locate it.

If you guys can help that would be great. Hopefully once I get it working I will post a full write up with pictures for everyone else that has this recurring question for their car. I have tried looking for install info in this site but it mostly refers to older sentra models.

Thanks

connect it to your coil pack on number 1

1 - 2 of 2 Posts