Nissan Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too installed a Sunpro II in my '94 XE, following the write up and it works perfectly.
Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok so i hooked it up to the blue black wire like the guide said, and i'm getting no reading...will it hurt if i try the blue/white wire like you?
this is coming from the ECu on the right side(passenger with that plastic shield gone(one metal screw and one plastic)

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
where is the ignition coil located, and whats it look like, dont mind my dumb qeustions, thankx

________________________________________________--
94 sentra coupe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tach help

I have a 91 sentra XE and a friend gave me a cluster out of a SE-R to install in my car, How do I go about this Electrically?

·
Registered
3 Posts
tach install b15

Hi guys,

has anyone ever installed a tachomoter to the 2001 b15 sentra xe ? I researched the b15 thread and I did not find any informationregarding the install. I happened to find the write up for the car mentioned (b13) in this forum and I hope anyone can shed some light on my install.

I have the Sunpro Super tach 2 mini I have no problem with the red, black, and white wires but I cannot seem to find the rpm signal that connects from the car to the (green) wire. According to the instructions the signal wire is the blue wire with the orange stripe I tried connectin there but I got no signal.

i then tried connecting to the engine control module where the blue wire with orange stripe originates but i had no luck there (something about pin#32).

my last option is the coil but I dont know where or what the coil looks like. if any one can help me that would be great.

thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great write up! I plan on doing this this week when i make my auto parts store run for an exhaust gasket. I'm going to pick up a tach and pillar mount while i'm there, some plastic epoxy and paint, sandpaper, and also for the wiring i'm going to splice all the wires into a computer style 4-pin "molex" connector for easy removal if i ever want to.

Thanks for this great write up. Did mine last night. Took about 3 hours, for me.
I was a little lost as to which blue/white wire it was, but i found it.
Check it out!
Wish my gas gauge read the same thing right now. Tach doesn't look bad there either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help

ok so my friend and i were going to install a tach we spliced it into the ignition coil. seemed to work fine. i leave and less than a mile out my engine cuts off. i try to start and it cranks but wont start. so i do some troubleshooting and get frustrated so i cut all the wire and splice the green back together, still nothing. i check the fuse box under the hood and the "engine cont" fuse is blown. i go and buy another fuse and it starts up. about a month later it blows again, buy another and it starts up about 2 or 3 days after that it dies, i put another fuse in and now it wont start at all, still cranks tho. i tried re-splicing with no luck. am i missing something its becoming really frustrating!

Any help i can get will be great! thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I decided to get a small 'cheapo' tach off eBay to install. It's 2" face is perfect for what I wanted and looks good. The dash pad is already cracked in several places, so I didn't feel bad about putting a hole in it to run the wires down behind the center dash part, where the radio and all is located. Hooked the power wires to the cigar lighter, since it turns off with the key, and the back light wires to the cigar lighter light. No problems doing that. The fun was finding the correct wire for the tach signal. There are a few wires on the ECU that are identical but run to different places. After about 6 tries to find the right wire, I finally found the light blue with white stripe wire. It's like a Carolina Blue. Finally it worked. I even had the ECU out, and yeah that was fun to get out. Nissan made sure that wiring harness was never gonna vibrate out! Those wires are small like 18 or 20 ga, so be careful when pulling on them. Anyway....so on the way to work this morning I was going along at 4K rpm at 65 mph in 4th gear, because 5th doesn't work. That looked about normal so no worries there. By the time I had gone 20 miles the tach had slowly dropped down to 3K rpm at the same speed. Just great. Well....it was only $12 lol what do you expect? At least all the wires are already run and I can fish them out a bit through the hole on the dash pad for a different tach that will hopefully work better. Live and learn....again haha.:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well....on a hunch I decided to try something. I disconnected the tach signal wire from the blue w/white stripe wire from the ecu, and connect it directly to the coil signal wire. Now the tach works fine! At least it's nice to know that the tach is ok, but why did the other wire not work out? Many other people didn't have, or didn't say, that they had any problems with it. It would be nice to have all the wiring inside the cabin, but it's the Hooptie so doesn't really matter.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts