Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tac show's 0 RPM, car has trouble starting (possibly unrelated, horrible gas here, possibly related due to fuel management tie-in?); engine sounds fine while running.

Car accelerates through it fine, needle will "jump up" once you hit 4k or so on a rough acceleration. Car dies @ idle (again possible fuel tie in), have to feed fuel constant @ a stop to keep from dieing. Needle will occasionally deflect to actual rpm in normal driving state, but rather infrequently.

After car has been on 3-5 minutes problem clears. If car is off 15-20 mins will still have problems @ start up (haven't tested within a reduced time).

Occasionally car will stutter while driving (jerk, like if you are in the wrong gear taking off and not enough gas). On one such occasion (it's only happened 2-3 times, though I tend not to drive off till tac corrects now) I cycled through 4th to 1st with no help (didn't really expect it too, but was worth checking).

Thoughts? where's the transducer/sensor hooked up (don't have much time to research right now, maybe this weekend)? Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
no experience here but what happened to me is when i interfered with the air flow sensor just after the butterfly valve, engine idle was all crappy and sometimes it would stall even accel jerky at times and hard start, its a long shot but i think you should check it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts