Nissan Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The best thing to do for small leaks is some UV dye in the coolant. That will show up things like bad pressure caps and tiny "vapor" leaks that won't show up in a conventional pressure test.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,525 Posts
There is no difference in heater temp when pinching the hose. Also, the hose looks a bit too professional to not be standard from factory in my opinion.
View attachment 7449
View attachment 7450
I've done some searching on the dissapearing coolant, this is often caused by trapped air, but this has to be at least 1litre, that sounds a bit much to me, but should probably be checked either way. The only way i can think of that allows air to be trapped in there now is for the vacuum to suck it in from a leak somewhere, so next step would probably be a pressure test?
Probably your first order of repair is to replace that hose as shown in your second picture. That hose looks somewhat mangled and appears to have a bulge near the clamp. Where the clamp is, you might have a pisser in that area when the engine is fully warmed up and the coolant system is at full pressure; that may be where the coolant leak is. Hoses that have a bulge are doomed to early failure.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Probably your first order of repair is to replace that hose as shown in your second picture. That hose looks somewhat mangled and appears to have a bulge near the clamp. Where the clamp is, you might have a pisser in that area when the engine is fully warmed up and the coolant system is at full pressure; that may be where the coolant leak is. Hoses that have a bulge are doomed to early failure.
Good thought. Could be delaminating and collapsing on the inside, too, which might explain the strange suction behavior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It did leak a bit at first, but it stoppet after i tightened the clamp. But it doesn't look too good, so i will definetly replace it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts