Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, the rear diff on my 2005 2.5L petrol auto has gone, big time - crunching & grinding gears. I've seen several FS on eBay and of course, the majority are from 2.2L diesels; one is from a 2L petrol. Are they all the same, or do they vary with fuel type / torque / man/auto 'box?

Has anyone changed a diff & if so, how much work is it?

Many thanks in advance.

David.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Folks, the rear diff on my 2005 2.5L petrol auto has gone, big time - crunching & grinding gears. I've seen several FS on eBay and of course, the majority are from 2.2L diesels; one is from a 2L petrol. Are they all the same, or do they vary with fuel type / torque / man/auto 'box?

Has anyone changed a diff & if so, how much work is it?

Many thanks in advance.

David.
You may have already solved this but according to the service manual the 'rear final drive assembly', as it's called by Nissan, was apparently shared by QR20DE, QR25DE and YD22DDTi engine variations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may have already solved this but according to the service manual the 'rear final drive assembly', as it's called by Nissan, was apparently shared by QR20DE, QR25DE and YD22DDTi engine variations.
Thanks, I bought a used one from a diesel 2.2 on eBay for £150 and it all worked out fine. Better than £2500 for a new one (as quoted by a Nissan dealer)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts