Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally got my hand on a new syndicate grill and brows combo, now I need help installing. I've looked around and can't find a helpful write-up. Anybody know how to help me here?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
AirForce200 said:
I've finally got my hand on a new syndicate grill and brows combo, now I need help installing. I've looked around and can't find a helpful write-up. Anybody know how to help me here?
Should be pretty easy... take the old one off and snap the new one in it's place. No heavy lifting involved ;)

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
the brows go on with double-sided tape and the grill just replaces the old one

seems pretty self-explainatory to me

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
it's harder than it looks. The Syndicate grille doesn't have any mounting tabs or any mesh, it's pretty much a piece of c/f in that shape.

If you plan to use mesh, buy gutter guard at home depot and spray it with clear rustoleum so it won't rust. I suggest you shape it and use epoxy to secure it to the c/f.

To mount it. Use a small drill bit to drill 4 holes at the 4 corners of the grille. High rpm, low pressure till you're through. Use small zip ties to mount it.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Ninety-Nine SE-L said:
it's harder than it looks. The Syndicate grille doesn't have any mounting tabs or any mesh, it's pretty much a piece of c/f in that shape.

If you plan to use mesh, buy gutter guard at home depot and spray it with clear rustoleum so it won't rust. I suggest you shape it and use epoxy to secure it to the c/f.

To mount it. Use a small drill bit to drill 4 holes at the 4 corners of the grille. High rpm, low pressure till you're through. Use small zip ties to mount it.
:::edit::: nevermind ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the nelp Ninety...Ill post pics up on cardomain soon to let you guys know how it turns out. I've got some other mods to complete this next week too, suspension is only 4 struts from being done.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
the install of the grill is harder than it looks. The bottom two things that stick out ....well i drilled a holes in them and they align perfectly with the two bolts that hold the front bumper together. The rest..well just like Ninety said, zip ties

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
For the brows...

Put the 3M tape onto the brow.
Use a hair dryer from 8 to 12 inchs away for few seconds. This will bond the 3M mounting tape to the brow.
Now, peel the red backing off and press them into place over the headlights.
Again, use the hair dryer to bond the 3M mounting tape to the headlights.

This should insure that they will not fall off when you are driving.

I used the 3M mounting tape without the hair dryer, and they did not stick well. However, a friend of mine installed them with the dryer, and they are not coming off anytime soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts