Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Has anyone used these or seen them in a car before.. If so how do they look and did you like them..planning on purchasing a set for the 200SX..supposedly they resemble the HID look and compare with the PIAA.... ???and wont burn your harnesse's .

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just purchased these! I have a 99se-l so I went for the 9007s. I believe you need the 9004s.

MORE than SATISFIED with these bulbs! THey are white as in white with a tint of purple (under a certain angle). Scares all the local riceboys in town with blue headlight bulbs :D

They will NOT burn your harness - they have the same wattage as stock bulbs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yea I've been hearing alot of praise on these bulbs. I've been wanting to get them for the past few weeks but I'm changing my headlights very soon and think it would be a waste of money to get them for my current heads.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have silverstars on my b14 and I'm very happy with it !!! It covers more area during night time. Definitely a must have...

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
200sxOuTKasT said:
Why does everyone who has the silverstars says the light is white but every picture I've seen they're always yellow? For example, the picture just above my post.
Yea that pic doesn't really resemble how they actually are, in person they are extremely white. At least mines are (9007ST). The stock 98' 200sx come with Sylvania 9007S bulbs. I've thought about getting these bulbs for a while, and now that I finally have them, I am more that satisfied.
These bulbs improved visuals at night, like 10X better that stock. I wish I can show you a pic of how brightly the signs are reflected(stop sign, speed sign..ect). Although it seems that they are too bright. I don't know maybe people just aren't used to em' or don't know about these bulbs yet because when the first night I installed them and went for a ride, some people where flashing their high's at me. I guess they thought I had my brights on.
Like I said before, in comparison, the Silverstar bulbs are like highs with the stock bulbs....thats a big difference!

·
Tein sticker adds 20hp!
419 Posts
You can use those 9007 Silverstar lights without doing a HID conversion? Just replacing the current bulbs?

Same with the PIAA bulbs in the fog lamps?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dynamitega said:
You can use those 9007 Silverstar lights without doing a HID conversion? Just replacing the current bulbs?

Same with the PIAA bulbs in the fog lamps?
check what bulbs you have right now. they are either 9004s or 9007s (if you have the 98 200sx se-r or 99 se-l headlights then you probably have 9007s).

They are the same wattage as stock - so you dont have to worry about any conversions. Those are just plain bulbs (better).

As far as the PIAA bulbs in the fog lights go - the stock wattage is 35watts. You can go as far as 55watts without worrying about melting the wiring harness or busting any fuses.

·
Tein sticker adds 20hp!
419 Posts
The 98-99 Sentras all had 9007 headlights. Thanks for the input. When I put the fog lights on, I want them to match the headlights as far as brightness goes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
For the PIAA does anyone have the bulbs that are further down? the Super Plasma ones rated at 5000K? any better than the others??? http://www.piaa.com/h3bulbs.html

·
Longtime DSMtalker
123 Posts
Just installed Silverstars in both my cars, 2 thumbs up!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts