Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows if it's dangerous to swicth to syntec oil (Monbil1) if the car is running on normal oil since i bought it?

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I saw Horsepower TV one day, and they used synthetic everything, and I think they acutally gained like 3 hp on the dyno, and some torque. I dont know why you shouldnt...anyone else?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
A very good tech at my shop swears by synthetic oil for winter use. He switches to sythetic every fall and back to organic every spring. He has gotten lots of miles out of his engines(last one had over 300,000 on it with out and work being done to it). I switched at about 15-20K with no problems. I say, go for it :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
swithching back

What harm comes from switching too often or using a synthetic blend oil. I had gotten one synthetic oil change butnin the last year I've had a synthetic blend oil changes. Any harm done, any benefit gained? Shed some light. thanks

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No harm will come to your engine. But do change your oil every recommended intervals. I didn't feel any increase of power when I change mine many moons ago but it did increase my mileage per gallon about 1 mile in city driving and 2 miles on highway driving.

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
If your car isn't too high on miles (100K +) go ahead and switch. start with the 10w-30 and see if you have any leaking if not you can drop to 5w-30 if you like.

I run 5w30 in the summer and 0w30 in the winter
O

1 - 8 of 8 Posts