Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was working on hooking my gauges up today in the dash cluster now i notice i have no brake lights ive checked the fuses and ran through the wiring in the base of the car is there any part of the cluster that helps circulate the power for the rear tail lights any help would be cool

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
SUPERFLYNISSAN200SX said:
Hey guys i was working on hooking my gauges up today in the dash cluster now i notice i have no brake lights ive checked the fuses and ran through the wiring in the base of the car is there any part of the cluster that helps circulate the power for the rear tail lights any help would be cool
did you also check the fuses near the battery under the hood? another thing that might of happened is bulbs burnt out... check those also.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Start your engine... Do you hear a click in the shift console everytime you step on the brake ? What about the brake light in the cluster ? Does is it turn on when you pull the handbrake? Did you swap the cluster completely with a diff one or you just installed glow gauges ? Check the brakelight switch with a voltmeter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B14_Stealth said:
my guess its a fuse. Recheck all your fuses ..the ones under the dash and under the hood. Do the parking lights work?
PARKING LIGHTS WORK AND FUSES ALL CHECKED OUT OK, WENT UNDER THE DASH JUST BEHIND THE STEERING COLUMN AND WHERE ALL THE CONNECTIONS GO TO THE FUSE BOX FOUND THE MAIN PORT FOR THE BRAKE WIRE FOUND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG THERE SO I WENT TO THE BRAKE PEDAL WHERE THE RELEASE BUTTON IS WHEN THE METAL PART OF THE BRAKE IS APPLIED IT LETS OFF THE SWITCH I PLAYED WITH IT A LITTLE AND FOUND OUT IT WAS STICKING SO WHEN THE BRAKES WERE APPLIED THE BUTTON WAS STILL HOLDING IN SO I JUST KEPT PLAYING TIL I HAD A LOT OF FREE PLAY IN, BUT NOW AFTER THE GAUGES IVE BROKE THE SPEEDO GAUGE AND NOW IM 9 MPH OFF EVERY TIME (DAMN THING JUST CAME COMPLETELY OUT SPRING ATTACHMENT AND ALL........?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts