Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is with this? about a week and 1/2 ago, I waxed my car (Mother's Pure Carnuba Wax) with the proper application pad, etc. washed car before waxing, even dried it thoroughly...I did let it dry to a light haze and then wiped off. it looked a lot better than it did (I have a lot of little mini microscopic scratches on hood and trunk) so I decided to wax my hood and going to do my trunk this week...BUT, I noticed the swirl marks from the last wax period on my hood!! VERY noticable. I do have a dark car (the Gray/Charcoal, don't know the paint code), it just kind of angers me! I think I'm going to wash it again tomorrow because it sure does need it, and it's hot as hell here in OK and I could get the tan, but anyone know why it made these swirl marks? it says don't use when car is hot to the touch, the day I did it, it was a good 65 and the car was not warm at all, so I don't know what could've made them do it! anyone? I'll re-post after washing it tomorrow and tell you how it looks then...but now, man!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know what you mean..I had a black maxima once and swirl marks just drove me crazy. You could try the wax you had again and use a front to back motion on all top surfaces and a up and down motion on the sides, no wax on and wax off like Mr meyagee said..hehe...also you could go to the Zaino brothers website. they have the best wax system in my opinion. there website is zainobros.com . Good luck!!:cool: :D

D

·
0 Posts
dude i dont know if you heard of it but trying using turtle wax i heard it takes out some deep scratches. hope dis helps!

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
yo..

1.)use 2 mits to wash the car....one for the molding up..and the other for molding down..dont mix em up..you will drag dirt and grime from the bottom up to the hood and roof areas and scratch it. (use carwash too..not dish soap)

2.)use a clay bar to clean the paint...Mothers or meguires

3.)try some meguires scratch X to help fill the swirls..then after that use a POLISH..not a wax..polish it with as many coats as you think it needs....

4.)then use a good carnuba wax to seal it all in.

this is REAL basic..there are alot of good sites out there on detailing...and I have heard that Zainos is THE BEST polishes and wax out there.

have fun..

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
ZYMOL is expensive but does wonders

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!

thanks guys, I have all week off and I'm going to try most of the suggestions if it's not too hot. I'll run up to Wally-World and check out some stuff (Wal-Mart). thanks again! I'll tell you how it looks when I'm done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts