- Floor Jack
- 2 Jack Stands
- 14mm Long Socket
- 6 Inch Extension
- Lug Wrench
- Beer
- 45 Minutes of Free time

Installation
  1. Park on a level concrete or asphalt surface.
  2. Put blocks in front and behind the front tires.
  3. Jack up rear of car and place jackstands securely under car.
  4. Remove one rear wheel.
  5. Remove two 14mm nuts from both end links, and four 14mm nuts from the two "D" clamps that hold the OEM sway bar in place.
  6. Slide the OEM bar out on the side with the tire removed. Loosening the center exhaust hanger is not necessary.
  7. Slide the Stillen sway bar into place and replace/tighten the six 14 mm nuts using OEM hardware.
  8. Put rear wheel back on…
  9. Lower car….
  10. Done!
    [/list=1]

First Drive

WooHoo!!!!!!!!! Incredible! The increase in handling is difficult to describe. Much quicker/crisper turning, ZERO body lean, even with OEM tires. There is a small amount of noise coming from the rear, as the rubber mounting "grommets" rub on the fresh paint on the Stillen bar. I'm sure this will go away in a few days. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED MOD!!!

Picture of both bars...

Picture of End-Link

Picture of a "D" Clamp

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Stillen bar is about twice as heavy as the stock unit...

And BTW, the altima is stiff as hell, with one side up on a jack stand you can open and close all the doors, no problem.

B

·
0 Posts
Do you happen to have a side profile pic of the two bars. How much thicker is the Stillen bar? Can someone measure the two and post numbers if possible?

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Stillen bar is the same diameter as the OEM bar, both are hollow, but judging by the weight difference, the Stillen bar uses much thicker tubing.

B

·
0 Posts
my bad, i should have looked at the picture to see that you can't possibly tell the wall thickness increase.

glad to hear it has improved the handling so much...eibach and sway bar should really be a good handling package upgrade...

D

·
0 Posts
Now if Stillen would supply polyurathane bushings for the bar to take out the free play and make the bar respond instantly!

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Not that this is a selling point, but I worked over a Honda S2000 in some twisty 4 lane roads around my house... Definitely out powered him, but stuck to the road just as well too.

We took some 40mph curves at around 100mph. :eek:

Disclaimer: Don't try this in an Altima without a rear sway bar...

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alty02 said:
Hey Ruben, was it a black S2000 with aftermarket wheels? Still had the screws in the trunk from an aftermarket tail?
Nope... it was metallic gray...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts