Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and cant any info on this. People always ask if they can turbo a n/a but I am swapping a tt motor in. Any advise is helpful. I heard that my tranny wont work and i was wondering why. And I was wondering if I will run into any problems with the swap and that it is a 2+2. Ive always had hondas but in the past month i have bought 2 240s and a 300zx. I fell in love with the z so im selling the 240s and the motor I bought for one of them. Also the motor I am buying has turbos that are wearing out. Just wondering what turbos come on this motor. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
72 Posts
2lowpaco said:
I have searched and cant any info on this. People always ask if they can turbo a n/a but I am swapping a tt motor in. Any advise is helpful. I heard that my tranny wont work and i was wondering why. And I was wondering if I will run into any problems with the swap and that it is a 2+2. Ive always had hondas but in the past month i have bought 2 240s and a 300zx. I fell in love with the z so im selling the 240s and the motor I bought for one of them. Also the motor I am buying has turbos that are wearing out. Just wondering what turbos come on this motor. Thanks everybody.

register and go here.
http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=42374

the NA housing on the tranny is thicker, it needs to be shaved to fit the TT flywheel.

I think the turbo info is in that thread, im not sure, i drive an NA 2+2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way the motor I am buying, he says the turbos are only producing 3 psi at the most.Any ideas?

·
Registered
85 Posts
2lowpaco said:
By the way the motor I am buying, he says the turbos are only producing 3 psi at the most.Any ideas?
Gonna have to get them rebuilt, get some remanufactured ones, find some good used ones, or uprgrade.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
mpw991 said:
Gonna have to get them rebuilt, get some remanufactured ones, find some good used ones, or uprgrade.
In other words the turbos are toast. Save your money and buy Sport500's not rebuilt.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Spongerider said:
In other words the turbos are toast. Save your money and buy Sport500's not rebuilt.
I agree with the upgrading, but some people are anti-modding for some reason, so rebuilt would be the only way to go. The Sport 500's are made by Jim Wolf Technology. www.jimwolftechnology.com Here is their site to give you an idea what is out there and the $$$.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
mpw991 said:
I agree with the upgrading, but some people are anti-modding for some reason, so rebuilt would be the only way to go. The Sport 500's are made by Jim Wolf Technology. www.jimwolftechnology.com Here is their site to give you an idea what is out there and the $$$.
I guess, I should have explained better about the sport500. For about the same price as stock you can get a Sport 500, that is what I should have said. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
mpw991 said:
If they were producing 3psi when it was in the car, it could have been the ECU triggering Safety boost mode.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What exactly is safety boost mode? And does anyone know a good priced site for a clip?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts