Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to swap out my GA16-I with something else, can anyone tell me what will bolt up to the tranny, (5spd manual) , and fit in my 87 Pulsar? 180K and blowing smoke, gotta do somethin'

Jaymz

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
The GA16DE will bolt to your existing tranny. You just have to figure out to swap the engine harness too. Search for blownb310 old posts about swapping in the GA16DE.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
If you want something simple and cheap, try to pick up a GA15 and use your manifolds on that motor, should be pretty much the same other than that .

The GA16i should be able to be had pretty cheap from the boneyard if you can find one that is not beat. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
minute rice sentra said:
You're sure it's a GA, if you're in the US and it's a 87 it's definitely not a GA, what country are you in?

Your Right its not a GA, I was told that, then I was corrected. I do know that is a 16I.. does it amke a big difference?

Thanks,
Jaymz

·
Moved on...Ciao!
629 Posts
Well...yes, it will. The E16i and GA16i have different trannies (Yes, there IS a difference, believe it or not), engine management wiring systems, emissions and fuel delivery systems between 'em. Unless you got some fairly deep pockets, you can do it...but I'd just keep 'er E16i.

The E16i is fairly inexpen$ive to rebuild, reliable as hell, economical, tough and responds well to aftermarket stuff. I'd get a crate engine or rebuild whatcha got. I think you'll be happy; God knows I LOVE my '87 E16i! This thing screams and gets 40mpg highway doing it.

Only caveat: The '87s use a 3-wire O2 sensor, which is $70 or so, NAPA; The '88 uses a single-wire O2 sensor that is about $20 (Damn engineers!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can anybody point me in the right direction for rebuild parts? I am looking to do a stock rebuild with minor modifications.. Any suggestions would be great.

Jaymz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts