Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the start of my swap I have searched and found nothing on swapping the drive train from a classic se-r into a b14 200sx se. The only ? I really have is about wiring do I need to swap the entire se-r harness into the my 200sx or can I use some of the b14 se harness any help would be great and the less ppl flame me the better. here is a link to some pics for right now I would like to do a write up on this for other ppl.

http://www.jt2go.netfirms.com/this.htm

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
www.sr20forum. search around.

oh, and you'll prolly need new motor mounts for the SR20 vs the GA16....need the SR20 tranny, shifter linkages, etc.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You need to swap the ECU and entire harness from the B13. The B14 has sensors not present in the B13 and of the ones that are the same several are in different locations. Also, the plug is different for the B13 and B14 ECUs.

The B14 speedometer and tach (if you have one) won't work. The speedometer needs an electronic speed sensor, and both get their signals from the B14 ECU. You could use the B13 instrument cluster, if it will fit.

I don't know if you can pass inspection since it is illegal to put an engine in a car which is older than the year of the car (Federal emissions statute). If you have emissions testing which connects to the ECU, the OBD plug for the B14 is different from the B13, and that may fail your car, depending on your state regulations.

Lew

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. I know all about the swap I just wanted to know about the wiring in a b14 I have every thing I need from the se-r entire harness cluster new engine mounts you name it I did the research before asking I just wanted to know about the wiring in a b14 so thanks. I do have the odb1 port so I'll swap it with the harness plus I live in FL and we have no ems tests. if anyone has done this before please give me a heads up on any little problems I may hit but if its just as easy as swapping all the parts I should have it done soon thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts