Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever heard of this or heard of any problems with this swap? Also is it better to do this? Does anyone think that it would be worth the swap or just machine the engine?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you telling me that you are gonna swap your new QR25 out of your Spec V? If you have that much extra dough send it to me. Or better yet, Donate the engine into research and devlopment. You are a madman!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would you do?

Well let me see my pocket book... I can swap it for under $5,000 that includes the trans, ECU, and turbo. Plus it is the Japanese SR20 which is a stronger engine. It would cost me a ton of $$$ to modify the QR25... I got some quotes and I would have to machine the engine for new piston rods/ SR20 Cam Gears... I can't wait for NISMO to get off of their a$$ to come out with parts. Do you have a better suggestion? I would love to hear it.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, buy a bottle for your Spec and use the rest of that money to pay your car off. But thats just me. I'm too busy saving up for a house and saving for a honeymoon. Pardon my viewpoint. But I just don't see myself modding like you anytime soon. I'd pay my car off and swap a turbo later once it has been proven by the QR25 community, swapping an engine is never point A to point B.

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
FarmboySE-R said:
swapping an engine is never point A to point B.
Right on! I couldn't agree more. There is a hell of a lot of work involved in an engine swap. Dude, seriously with that kind of money, USE IT FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY! So what if the QR does not have as much aftermarket support as the SR. It will. The QR25DE motor is fairly new, and companies are working on making bolt-on modifications for it. Just express some patience, or better yet, go and spend that $5,000 and build up the engine, tap the potential that is in there to make the car a total Monster.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok...

You see this is where it really sucks....
I want to say that things will happen with the QR, but I've been told by dealers of Nissan along with others that say that they really messed up on the design of the engine. Now I know that eventually they will come out with stuff for the QR, but my question is what would be a mod that wouldn't blow my pistons or screw up my cams that would give me some horse? I've been approched with the turbo theory, but other people have said it messes with the piston rods and will really mess up the engine. What do you think?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why would you buy a spec-v if you wanted to do this swap?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Changed the ways...

You know after yesterday I realized that faith in a car means the whole thing. To take out the QR25DE would be a stupid thing. I think Farmboy had the right idea. I think it's about time that someone makes a name for the SER Spec-V and shouts it out! So I will deticate my car to being all project. Question though... what's up with the piston rods and Cam gears... will they hold with a turbo? I mean will I have to replace them? Also would SR20 piston rods be able to replace the current Spec-V.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Changed the ways...

Tease V said:
You know after yesterday I realized that faith in a car means the whole thing. To take out the QR25DE would be a stupid thing. I think Farmboy had the right idea. I think it's about time that someone makes a name for the SER Spec-V and shouts it out! So I will deticate my car to being all project. Question though... what's up with the piston rods and Cam gears... will they hold with a turbo? I mean will I have to replace them? Also would SR20 piston rods be able to replace the current Spec-V.
I think the pistons/rods MUST go. especially if you go with a Stage II turbo as shown by this site http://www.forcedinductionracing.com I'd say that at the VERY least the piston/rods will have to go if you're putting down 260+ hp on the Spec V. Anyone else wanna add to that list? I'm not a car guru.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts