Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just performed a sr20det swap into my 90' 240 sx. I went o start the car but it idle's like crap and is running really rich. I have spark in alll cyclinders but every time I pull my plugs they're black and smell like fuel. I checked all my wiring and everything is hooked up right. I've checked for leaks and can't find any. Any suggestions on what the problem could be. All my fuel lines are hooked up right too. The car will idle really rough but if you give it gas it stalls out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sounds like timing and or vacume line.... or you blew your intake manifold gasget. that happened on my rx7. was doing some work on it and it had been sitting for a while finished and went to start it up and the gasget just blew as soon as i started it. then it ran like how your describing give it gas and it would stall. but the black plugs sound like your af ratio is off or your timing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've lined up the adjustment to the old ghost marks when the swap was done I've tried moving it but there's no difference. I'm not throwing any CEL's either but could the cam angle sensor be bad and not throw a CEL ?

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
cant be, otherwise he wouldn't be able to rev past 2500.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK i had the same problem with my KA when i replaced the timing tensioner and it turned out to be that i put the oil pump back in wrong...once i took it out and reset it to match TDC with the motor, it started right up and idled smooth...so that is another possibility. Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it's a problem like that then it wasn't anything I did. I tried unpluging the maf and there's no change It's hard to diag. this car cause I have no manual on the sr20det's ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
get a timing light on it. and check for any vacuum or intake leaks. just having one vacuum line off or put on wrong will make it run like that.and how did you install the cas? it could be off a tooth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts