Nissan Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
EZDUZIT said:
Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like you are at Renyolds Georgia in that pic at on of the SEZS events. I was there last year and will be there this year. :fluffy:
Yes, that was last year. My decision to go this year depends on how much snow is on the ground at the time. Last year I made it back the about 8 hours before several inches of snowfall. I also have a coolant leak I need to track down, so I might just aim for Branson this year. :cheers:

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Yeah bro.........but dont worry.......I will be changing it here soon- I have reached the peak of the auto........itll take about 300hp :) Then the bands slip---haha I was going to get a Level Ten rebuild, but Jamesz says thats gay so I am going to do a 5 speed b/c Jamesz is the coolest and I want to do stuff just to impress him!

(Im being sarcastic by the way...dont get offended Jamesz....I know youre gay like that sometimes)

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
0341TODD said:
(Im being sarcastic by the way...dont get offended Jamesz....I know youre gay like that sometimes)
HEH No Todd...
I don't get offended with anything you say. I don't ever take you seriously.

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
I dont take anything I say serious either..............so atleast we are in agreement.............see what pisses me off is that YOU know when Im playing around........everyone else is just a bunch of ignorant J***offs and take stuff offensively..........Thats why I like THE JAMESZ------even if you car isnt working:)

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
0341TODD said:
I dont take anything I say serious either..............so atleast we are in agreement.............see what pisses me off is that YOU know when Im playing around........everyone else is just a bunch of ignorant J***offs and take stuff offensively..........Thats why I like THE JAMESZ------even if you car isnt working:)

Yeah.. Talk about something that someone cares about....

So how much boost were you running when it first started slipping Todd? Just wondering because it seems it would take a bit to get up to 300HP

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Yeah.. Talk about something that someone cares about....

So how much boost were you running when it first started slipping Todd? Just wondering because it seems it would take a bit to get up to 300HP
Figure if I was at 15 psi, I was probably barely pushing 280 chp (crank horsepower) let alone 300. He better have been pushing 17+ to get anywhere near 300 chp. Which means fuel pump and injectors at the very minimum. And the T3 is well out of it's efficiency range even at 15-16 psi. Somehow I doubt 270 chp, let alone 300........

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah something tells me that the tranny would go out way before 300HP.

·
Registered
108 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Figure if I was at 15 psi, I was probably barely pushing 280 chp (crank horsepower) let alone 300. He better have been pushing 17+ to get anywhere near 300 chp. Which means fuel pump and injectors at the very minimum. And the T3 is well out of it's efficiency range even at 15-16 psi. Somehow I doubt 270 chp, let alone 300........
Um....no. People have dynoed 250-275 rwhp on just intake, exhuast, and 13 or 14 psi. That's between 290 and 315 Crank HP. Read

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Domdogg123 said:
Um....no. People have dynoed 250-275 rwhp on just intake, exhuast, and 13 or 14 psi. That's between 290 and 315 Crank HP. Read
That says right about 275 on the stock fuel equipment, which is what I have. I've also seen the other side of the coin, with all the above dynoing 240 rwhp..... I'd be more inclined to beleive the lower number.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah but crank horsepower doesn't tell you much. WHP measures are going to tell you what your really experiencing.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
11 Hp for 1 psi of boost seems to be the accepted ratio, so lets look at it this way. Stock boost on my car was 5 psi. I ran 15 psi last time at the track. Stock Hp: about 200 crank, 180 on the ground. Therefore,+10 psi = 110 Hp crank, combined with the stock 200 Hp on the crank, gives me maybe 310 crank. Drivetrain loses and etc drop that back to maybe 280-285 ish on the ground.
Give me a different boost/Hp ratio if you think that one is incorrect. 11 Hp/1 psi is assuming the intake and exhaust are fairly unrestricted. I forget where that number was gotten from, but I've been using it for years, seems to be fairly accurate.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Yeah but crank horsepower doesn't tell you much. WHP measures are going to tell you what your really experiencing.
ANd that's different for every car which is why dynoing is important. Not all cars of the same type have the same drivetrain losses, there's a lot of factors involved. Age and wear are big ones. I'm using chp because that's a number that doesn't require much conversion and it's easy to figure.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well I guess when the 87s caem around they bupmed it to 7psi. Because my car stock was running 7.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Well I guess when the 87s caem around they bupmed it to 7psi. Because my car stock was running 7.
Then you should have 22 more Hp.... ;) I dunno, my old Autometer Phantom read 5 psi consistently when the car was bone stock. Could be an anomaly, perhaps my car had some kind of problem with it, maybe the wastgate preload was set lower. Could be the wastgate actuator was replaced with the incorrect one at some point. Heck, for all I know that turbo is not even the original one.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Then you should have 22 more Hp.... ;) I dunno, my old Autometer Phantom read 5 psi consistently when the car was bone stock. Could be an anomaly, perhaps my car had some kind of problem with it, maybe the wastgate preload was set lower. Could be the wastgate actuator was replaced with the incorrect one at some point. Heck, for all I know that turbo is not even the original one.
lol for all you know you might have a majorly converted Maxima ;)

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Or it could of been all the years of wear...boost falls off in the Z31s as the miles stack on and the engine wears. It is all with the wastegate. With time boost levels fall, but you fixed that.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts