Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just me or does the spec's suspension suck? it seems every 3 months i'm replacing joints, control arms or now i have to replace a strut... I just dont get it because i baby my car when it comes to hitting bumps. I idle over speed bumps so its not like i'm plowing over them messing my car up. I just always have issues with this kinda crap... Would getting all aftermarket stuff like springs and so forth help? i've spent over 1k so far since 03 replacing crap.

·
specV Addict
855 Posts
i remember you saying you hit a curb a few months back and got the control arm replaced, im sure something else might have happened to. The specV suspension is actually really good, and I haven't read of any problems with it except dead struts from putting lowering springs on the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tekmode said:
i remember you saying you hit a curb a few months back and got the control arm replaced, im sure something else might have happened to. The specV suspension is actually really good, and I haven't read of any problems with it except dead struts from putting lowering springs on the car.
i hit a curb 7 months ago and replaced the control arm..... issue resolved this problem has nothing to do with that incident this just started happening the other day i havent hit anything or gone fast over any holes or anything. Only thing i've hit is that curb 7 months ago. Unless the service department is totally stupid then there is no possible way the curb has anything to do with this unless their install messed up or something. When i hit the curb i didnt replace just the control arm... i replaced the whole front end just about. 2 control arms and a right strut. I have no aftermarket suspension but is there anything out there i can buy non cheap nissan like nismo struts or anything?

And tek as far as reading goes that doesnt mean anything... if you think about it something has to happen so someone can write it so you can read it. Just because its not in the forums doesnt mean it hasnt happened to anyone. After all i had my car for a few months before i discovered DNE so if something happened i didnt post in the forums everyone reads.

·
AUTOBOT!!!
210 Posts
Sorry to hear.....I didn't have any problems with my suspension, no one else that I know has. I think Nills had something going on with his front end but thats because he also hit something.

Joint and control arms.....you say u baby it over bumps, but whats up do you autocross, do ebrake pulls or what??? I could see a strut prematurely going out, that happend on my Altima at about 55k.

·
Tune it
504 Posts
I hit a curb too when I first got mine and had to get my front right lower control arm replaced. Those bitches didn't warranty it for me either. I thought the control arm was too weak but whatever. You could have upgraded to the Nismo control ARMS and hard rubber bushing kit for the same price as one of those stock control arms. I found this out to late. What bushing have you replaced and which strut? Are you on stock springs n struts? Do you hear any gringing or clunking sounds?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the second time i got the arm replaced it was actually the joint because it was making a grinding noise from side to side but they said they wont replace just that or they cant or whatever and just put a new arm in. Yes my struts and springs are all stock nissan's. I was thinking about going non stock. But i dont see anything going bad just hitting one curb. in my 89 sentra i hit things all the time.. i try to destroy that car and have never had to replace anything on the suspension i used to go to these railroad tracks and fly over them at like 60 and then get airborne haha that car is a tank unfortunately my spec's suspension seems to be like made out of butter or something. I just spent 500 bucks on new tires cause mine were bad but i still have a bad strut :( and yes i am hard on this car speed wise but i never hit any bumps in it except that curb. Anyhow new tires and car is seeming to run better its not pulling hard anymore instead its making creaking noises when i roll over my speedbumps with my right tire i guess i can live with a bad strut for awhile but front tires were worn down to almost nothing.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Running on a bad strut is going to take its toll on your new tire. If you plan on riding the bad strut for awhile then you're going to have problems. Possible cupping on that tire...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i know it will but the point is i dont have any more money for that right now if i had money i wouldnt ride on a bad strut haha. about how much would a full set of non stock struts like nismo or something cost me? minus well just replace all 4 is the way i see it.

·
Tune it
504 Posts
I nismo Suspension at DonDavis with the DNE discount plus tax is 760.00 Give or take a few bucks. You old sentra wasn't sport tuned. Which means it was more set for everday mishaps and the spec was ment to be on good roads for the most part. I have my stock struts on some Tien springs sitting in the garage. They don't really control the rebound very well anymore since they werent designed for that spring rate but if you wanna give them a try maybe we can work something out. If your really tight on cash and your strut is really annoying you we can take the spring off and put you stock one on the strut and see what that does for you.

By the way do you still get grinding noises?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nope it was grinding a long time ago from side to side... but now it just makes a squeky noise when i go over any bumps. When i took it in to have trophy nissan look at the joints they said it was a strut but i didnt think a strut would cause it to grind on side to side movement? i dunno just sounds like they were trying to jip me like courtesy always tries to do... Courtesy tried to charge me 150 bucks to fix my intake and all that was wrong with it is the mount screw broke i'm like heck no i'll zip tie that crap till i can get it welded or replace the screw 150 bucks is stupid for something $1 worth of zip ties can fix haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.