Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Ive got a '92 B13 Super Saloon, with ECCS. How do you know when it's time to replace the stock suspension system?

·
Banned
118 Posts
When you hit a bump and it floats like a 1977 Caddy...you KNOW it's time.

If you need a better expanation...just come over to my house...You'll find out what "no dampers man" is all about....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Suspension

Thanks for your replies, Guys! But I have another question.

I tried pushing down the front and rear part of my car and these were the results:

Front- Very Stiff, could hardly push it down.
Rear- Soft, bounced once, then leveled.

I'm not really sure which one is the ideal one, but based on your advise, i guess that the rear ones are the ones that need replacement. Is that correct?

By the way, i'm from Manila, The Philippines

·
Registered
500 Posts
When you push it down, it should pop back up then level out. That's a good strut. Like that other guy said, if it floats and bounces up and down repeatedly like a 77 caddy, then the struts are shot.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
for some reason I don't think he is getting the 77 caddy reference. Something about cadillac not being present in overseas markets in 1977???

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kinda get the part about the cadillac, and I do have a mental picture of what kind of bounce those things have. What bugs me is that I think my front struts at TOO stiff to be normal (or is that possible?). :) What I want is to get back that ride/feel/handling that my Sentra felt when it was brand new. Right now it's not as responsive as it used to be, especially during turns.

Anyway, my action plan is to go and replace the rear shocks with new KYB shocks, first. If that still does it, i'll replace the front ones too. Wadya tink?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts