Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have Eibach Springs installed on my 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V. They were in from the previous owner. The car is lowered.

The problem is that when I am riding it is not smooth at all and you can feel every bump. There is also a clunk that comes from the Passenger Front Wheel. I don't what this is and I want to fix it myself. So far, I have used WD40 and it did not work...What do I do?!?!

·
Registered
844 Posts
i'm sure you blew your strut..that's what happens when you lower on stock ones:)
only fix is to get new struts or get coilovers.
if you get new struts, you'll want to get the koni's that can handle after market springs. a stock replacement will only blow again

·
Registered
258 Posts
ok does it do that when your alone or when you have people in the car. But then again if its on the driver side the weight of the driver will make that side even lower and the lip of your fender is rubbing the tire. check you tire for scratches if it has the scratches then its you fender hitting your tire. OR like the guy above me said yeah get new struts or coilovers i personally wouldnt lower the car it brings nothing but trouble

·
Registered
11 Posts
Extra

Hey guys, how much will struts cost me and where are they located on the car? Don't coil overs cost about 1000 dollars? can you direct me to the website of where to the specific konis for my car?.. Would it be better for me to try a salvage yard?

·
Registered
844 Posts
ok, first off.... koni's are inserts, which means you'd have to cut up your stock struts and re-use them.
Bilstein shocks, Bilstein PSS, Koni, BOGE, Eibach, K&N and other name brand suppliers carries both the stock replacement kyb's and the koni's.

good prices on coilovers can be found here: SUSPENSION SALE - Springs Coilovers Sway Bars Camber kits Shocks Spacers STB FreeShip - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum. i would recommend the tein basics

you could also try and find a used set of spec struts from the classifieds or junkyard, but eventually those will go also if you keep the springs (but it might take a while for them to crap out again). if you're not wanting to spend a lot of money this is probably your best bet.

btw sorry for the "last edited by b15chik.." in your post. i didn't touch anything, just clicked the wrong button

all of the advice given is considering your strut is actually blown, lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok does it do that when your alone or when you have people in the car. But then again if its on the driver side the weight of the driver will make that side even lower and the lip of your fender is rubbing the tire. check you tire for scratches if it has the scratches then its you fender hitting your tire. OR like the guy above me said yeah get new struts or coilovers i personally wouldnt lower the car it brings nothing but trouble
lowering your car CAN easily bring up some issues but i've had mine lowered for over 3 years and i havent had any problems with it yet. in fact, i believe it might have actually saved me from rolling around a highway corner when there was an elk standing in the middle of it. i dont know if my car would have stayed on all fours with stock suspension. it was that close.

and just to clear this up, the guy above your post is actually a female. and from what ive seen, a very smart one

·
Registered
790 Posts
b15chik is da poop. . . She is indeed a smart one. She also has a very Uber sexy b15. Her advice is always solid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Rfish117.

By how much is you ride lowered?
90% of OEM struts can be lowered approx. 35mm from origional and still operate within limits.

Besides the limits of struts, ball joint movement also need to be checked for adequate flexing, as with the cv axle, cv axle and chassis.

The only sure way to lower a car is not cheap and simple as just replacing or compressing your springs, but to have properly matched struts and coils giving you proper bound and rebound rates for the weight or your vehicle.

Choosing the cheap and easy route will result in either a bouncy ride, or a hard ride with suspension components ultimately paying the price.

I dont want to get into technical details but if anyone is interested, I have info on complete suspension tuning i can share.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hi Rfish117.

By how much is you ride lowered?
90% of OEM struts can be lowered approx. 35mm from origional and still operate within limits.

Besides the limits of struts, ball joint movement also need to be checked for adequate flexing, as with the cv axle, cv axle and chassis.

The only sure way to lower a car is not cheap and simple as just replacing or compressing your springs, but to have properly matched struts and coils giving you proper bound and rebound rates for the weight or your vehicle.

Choosing the cheap and easy route will result in either a bouncy ride, or a hard ride with suspension components ultimately paying the price.

I dont want to get into technical details but if anyone is interested, I have info on complete suspension tuning i can share.
Sounds like some interesting info. If there isn't a complete thread about it on here, then make a seperate thread to post up the info. I'm an information horde. I like those sort of things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More

So this is what i need from that?

SHOCKS/STRUTS

KYB
02-06 SE-R, SE-R Spec V
GR-2 Twin Tube Gas Shocks - #333394, #333395, 2x#341279 - Retail Price - $473.76 – Your Price - $240 shipped

How do I buy this?

P.S.-Someone smashed in my bumper yesterday... I want to get a new one but i don't want it to have the same sentra curved shape... Is there anything I should look into?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts