Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer had a special on a oil change, so i took my pathfinder there and when i got it back, they had a couple repair recommendations for me...big surprise. They said my front struts were leaking, and my rear shocks were leaking. They also noticed my rear sway bar link bushings were cracked so they wanted to replace the upper and lower control arms?? I looked online and the bushings are pretty cheap so i figured i could just replace them since i have no idea why they wanted to replace the entire control arm assembly.

How hard is it to replace the sway bar link bushings and shocks? From what i understand its somewhat easier to replace the rear shocks than the front struts. Any recommendations on what to replace them with?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thats what i figured...are there any recommendations for shocks or struts? cause i buy them online or would i be fine just going to autozone or pep boys and getting whatever they have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any recommendations would be great since i really have no idea what brands are good...kyb, monroe, rancho???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pathy struts

I put the Rancho RSX struts and shocks on my 04 Pathy. Big difference over stock. I cruise right over railroad ties without jarring my teeth loose, like the old ones. Turning is also better. Look online for a decent dealer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Rancho struts arent as good as the KYB GR-2 struts. Honestly, I would go all KYB if you want a good on road ride, their products are favored more anywhere I see this discussion and I love my GR-2 struts (I have RS9000XL shocks for extra flex)...

I would say shocks is extremely easy, struts are going to take a while if its your first time but are pretty easy once you get the hang of them, and bushings are a complete and total pain in the ass, especially if you live in snow states...also, you will need a strut compressor for the struts and a hydraulic press (or someone to do it for you) for the bushings...

·
Registered
1 Posts
any thoughts on the MONROE's that are available? I have a 97 SE v6 that is still doing remarkably well at 173K. Doesnt run 4x4 anymore, and proably wont ever see dirt again so it's pretty much all city/highwy driving from here on out (surfmobile basically) ... I know there are 3 that fit my model - KYB, Rancho, and Monroe..... are the Monroes that bad? they are the cheapest of course...

·
Registered
3 Posts
2002 Path

o.K. i've been reading the psot and need some desperate help. I need suspension course 100. Does the 2002 Pathfinder have front struts or shocks. I am in need of all around job (springs, shocks, etc.) and don't want to get taken for a rougher ride from the mechanic then I have now. What should I use for front/rear. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks, so if I replace the front with the KYB struts, back with KYB shocks, OEM strut bearing and springs should this do the job (better smoother ride) anything else I need to replace and thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts