Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did any body needed or had to change suspension when u did an engine swap on ur 240's and if u did then wats the price of a moderate suspension. for example, coilover,swaybar etc...

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
are you asking if you need to buy any suspension parts to do a swap? in that case, i'm sure 99% of the time no. but you should do suspension/brakes before a swap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what im trying to say is if u recommend me to buy coilovers etc.. to get a better handling in the car. b/c i dont know if the stock coilovers are going to work just fine

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
the stock set-up doesn't have coilovers, it has a strut/spring combination. coilovers will improve the handling greatly and allow you to adjust other things to the car as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
ha

yeah i would definantly look into coilovers, adjustible tension rods, adjustible tie rods, pretty much the whole adjustible setup.
Why would you want a bad ass engine in your car when it handles like shit??

theres no power without control.

·
Registered
407 Posts
IF you have a car thats is going to be a track car only buy coil overs...If your just a street driver there is no use for coilovers. Buy a good set of springs and son KYB AGX's and your all set. ANd no you dont need to do suspension to do a motor swap. BUTTTTTTTTT with added power without a good suspension your asking for trouble with handeling...Be safe do brakes and a suspension then a swap. I dont want to be on the road with you with an ill handling turboed car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts