Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from a Mustang to a Honda to a Nissan I am shocked at the lack of basic performance parts for these cars. For the mustang we had a never ending supply of parts, granted the 302 was amoung the most comon motors on the road. As for the integra, same thing loads of parts. Keeping in mind that there are also boat loads of them everywhere.

So whats up with the lack of parts? I see dozens of 2.5 S Altima's all over the road. I've seen pictures of SE-R meets with tons or SE-R's everywhere.... so why the delay in parts... do these performance companies really think that we'll pay more if we have to wait? I custom fabricated half of the stuff on my integra becasue that was a cheaper way to go. What makes them think i wont do that to my Spec V?

oh yea, to much computer stuff... so we all sit and wait while they try to figure out how to tame the only Supercharger out there (area 51) because they have a check engine light. What makes me more mad is H&R who keeps saying that their springs will b out soon. First it was going to be may then early summer, now late summer, whats next?

Hotshot is the only company making a header, it $400. AEM took about 2 months to have a Cold Air Intake, where is everybody else?

all i really want is for Apexi to make a full catback N1 exhaust, and somebody please make a freakin' supercharger that your going to sell.

·
Registered
369 Posts
aftermarket

the engine does not have alot of aftermarket suport because this is the first year for it. give it time and there will be more support as for what is out there now.

intakes:
aem
Place racing
injen

header:
hotshot
stillen
aebs(under development)
nismo(soon to be released)

exhaust:
stromung
vrs
stillen
aebs(under development)
hot shot(under development)
nismo(soon to be released)

forced induction:
area 51(supercharger under development)
Forced induction racing(turbo 3895.00 ready to ship)
nitrous express (519.00 kit complete)

search and you will find what you need
b15sentra.net

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is it for sure true that NISMO plans to start selling parts in the USA? They have never sold parts in america, bu i had heard that they were thinking of making parts available through nissan dealers. If thats the case, parts that are already expensive will be very expensive. But good, the best.

·
Registered
369 Posts
nismo

nismo will be out by the end of the year. august was supposted to be the launch date, but I do not think they will be ready. As for there parts most will be manufacuted by other companys and rebadged as nismo parts. Yes there is going to be a nismo, but do not expect a turbo or supercharger from them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Coming from a Mustang to a Honda to a Nissan I am shocked at the lack of basic performance parts for these cars. For the mustang we had a never ending supply of parts, granted the 302 was amoung the most comon motors on the road. As for the integra, same thing loads of parts. Keeping in mind that there are also boat loads of them everywhere.

So whats up with the lack of parts? I see dozens of 2.5 S Altima's all over the road. I've seen pictures of SE-R meets with tons or SE-R's everywhere.... so why the delay in parts... do these performance companies really think that we'll pay more if we have to wait? I custom fabricated half of the stuff on my integra becasue that was a cheaper way to go. What makes them think i wont do that to my Spec V?

oh yea, to much computer stuff... so we all sit and wait while they try to figure out how to tame the only Supercharger out there (area 51) because they have a check engine light. What makes me more mad is H&R who keeps saying that their springs will b out soon. First it was going to be may then early summer, now late summer, whats next?

Hotshot is the only company making a header, it $400. AEM took about 2 months to have a Cold Air Intake, where is everybody else?

all i really want is for Apexi to make a full catback N1 exhaust, and somebody please make a freakin' supercharger that your going to sell.
I have felt this way for the longest time. It just pisses me off. They had shit for the RSX before the car was even released. What the fuck? I think that people are scared. If they had the same shit for Nissan's that they offer for Honda/Acura, NISSAN'S WOULD KICK THEY'RE ASS!!!!! Look how far Nissan's have gotten without all the support from the aftermarket. That is half the reason people are buying something other than a Nissan because the aftermarket is out there and it is way cheaper.

BUT I am kinda glad that there aren't as many Nissan's out. I see a fucking Civic at every light.

We know who the top dog is: NISSAN!!!!!:p ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Whats funny is I came across this.

BORNGEARHEAD said:
I have felt this way for the longest time. It just pisses me off. They had shit for the RSX before the car was even released. What the fuck? I think that people are scared. If they had the same shit for Nissan's that they offer for Honda/Acura, NISSAN'S WOULD KICK THEY'RE ASS!!!!! Look how far Nissan's have gotten without all the support from the aftermarket. That is half the reason people are buying something other than a Nissan because the aftermarket is out there and it is way cheaper.

BUT I am kinda glad that there aren't as many Nissan's out. I see a fucking Civic at every light.

We know who the top dog is: NISSAN!!!!!:p ;)
What is funny I come across this, and to date there still isn't much crap out there period for the Spec-V
I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V, and to date there still elude the mass of parts. Nissans are still few and far in between, but i din't know if they knew it or not, but if NISMO would actually do some R&D into aftermarket parts for their Spec-V i'm sure they would easily sell another 5% on the market now. Increasing their car span, as well as their client base. In a good car, you tend to by the same brand year after year. And for a tuner, not having an aggressive skyline car over here, its just crap. We've got the 350Z and thats good and all, but the Spec-V is our claim to performance.

We need more applications for the SPEC-V

HERE OUR CRIES

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I know that

Does it really matter. It was a point of topic then, and actually still is. Maybe other people look at it and see it as a current issue still. Ever think that. This is the truth, that there really isnt much for the car to date as well. Definately not the following that a civic has.

I think i'm going to go join a civic cult.
Ha Ha Ha

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
there never will be. if you want parts, they prettymuch have to be custom. considering that the production of the QR is going to end next year, i do not think more is going to come our way either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So its a definate no on the Azeal????

If they do kill the QR, it could not go in the Azeal if it comes out. The engine would have to be reworked anyways since the QR right now really couldn't hold a good Turbo boost. Am I right. The engine itself would have to be redid in order to run it in the Azeal.

Of corse that is all a bunch of hypothetical stuff.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
Word is that the QR25DE will be replaced by the MR20DE when the new B-chassis comes out, which from what I understand will be a better engine than the screwup-of-a-motor the B15 SE-R got. I don't have specs, but I'll try to post the info as soon as I receive it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure about this

Harris said:
Word is that the QR25DE will be replaced by the MR20DE when the new B-chassis comes out, which from what I understand will be a better engine than the screwup-of-a-motor the B15 SE-R got. I don't have specs, but I'll try to post the info as soon as I receive it.
What are you saying the screwup of a motor is?

Are you talking about the QR25? :balls:

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Rowens Spec-V said:
What are you saying the screwup of a motor is?

Are you talking about the QR25? :balls:
yeah, they go from a se-r that can handle 15 lbs of boost to one where 6 or 7 is pushing the limits.

I love my specV still though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The SE-R didn't get a sports car motor, or even just a car motor. It got a massed produced truck motor. I think that is the screw up that he is talking about.

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
other than precat and butterfly issues i see nothing wrong with the qr

crazy people

1 - 20 of 34 Posts