Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone ever supercharged there ka or thougt about it. I'm only curios just wondering if anyones ever done it or looked into it thxs

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
Question is do they make a kit and does the Ka have enough space??

it would be interesting. Im sure someone has tried though. :)
jesus christ, this is why i called you a noob, this has been discussed, there is NO KIT for it, however feel free to spend your money to peice a supercharger together, and then see the price vs power of the s/c and t/c.

·
Registered
189 Posts
jesus christ, this is why i called you a noob, this has been discussed, there is NO KIT for it
Dude seriously stfu... I dont care what you think.. Your the one who thinks the 240sx doesnt come with all wheel disc brakes.. Idiot

If anything your a noob. Hell you told one dude whos Wheel bearings were clicking, that it was his lifters.... :loser:

Back to the topic at hand. I didnt say I knew if they made a SC or not for KA and I guess they dont. But I am sure someone has tried it.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
Dude seriously stfu... I dont care what you think.. Your the one who thinks the 240sx doesnt come with all wheel disc brakes.. Idiot

If anything your a noob. Hell you told one dude whos Wheel bearings were clicking, that it was his lifters.... :loser:

Back to the topic at hand. I didnt say I knew if they made a SC or not for KA and I guess they dont. But I am sure someone has tried it.
I spent About a solid Week researching Superchargers for the KA24DE and was unsuccessful. The reason I was interested in the Supercharger is because the Power is always there! No Turbo Lag!
Apparently there is no Kit for the KA but you could Piece One together and get everything made custom, the power gains might be anywhere in the 15-25% range and the price would be around the same as a turbo which would give you 30-40% Power increase!
I would say if it comes down to it and you really want to put a supercharger in, it's gonna cost big $ and take alot of time to custom design one!
I would really like to see it done cause you can Turbo a Supercharged Engine! LOL
But asking if it can be done is like asking if a Blower Could be put on a KA, i'm sure it could be done, but is impractical and would be expensive!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
DaCheat said:
The reason I was interested in the Supercharger is because the Power is always there! No Turbo Lag!
That perception came from the superchargers used on US V8s. The GMC 4-71 & 6-71, Weiand, and B&M positive displacement superchargers mounted directly on the intake manifold, and were belt-driven. The entire supercharger runs under a vacuum under part-throttle driving/cruising because the carburetor was mounted on the intake of the supercharger, and it compressed the air/fuel mixture (which also served to lubricate it). So, the supercharger was not producing boost all the time, and drew little power unless boosting. The volume between the supercharger and the engine was very small, so it built boost very fast. Since there is no possibility for an intercooler, they cannot run much boost because the intake charge will be too hot and will cause detonation.

To use this type of supercharger, you will need to fabricate an intake manifold to bolt it to, and a belt drive. Look in the front of your engine and see where the snout of the supercharger will sit, and how you will get a belt to it.

Positive displacement superchargers have little lag, but if you are thinking of the Vortech type of centrifugal supercharger, it has to be turning fast to develop boost. At low rpm, there's not much there. It, too, is belt driven, but its location is more adaptable. Perhaps you could give up your A/C and mount it in place of the compressor.

Lew

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
DaCheat said:
I spent About a solid Week researching Superchargers for the KA24DE and was unsuccessful. The reason I was interested in the Supercharger is because the Power is always there! No Turbo Lag!
Apparently there is no Kit for the KA but you could Piece One together and get everything made custom, the power gains might be anywhere in the 15-25% range and the price would be around the same as a turbo which would give you 30-40% Power increase!
I would say if it comes down to it and you really want to put a supercharger in, it's gonna cost big $ and take alot of time to custom design one!
I would really like to see it done cause you can Turbo a Supercharged Engine! LOL
But asking if it can be done is like asking if a Blower Could be put on a KA, i'm sure it could be done, but is impractical and would be expensive!
Well, a supercharger is just like a turbo. You're in no way limited to the 15-25% (actually probably more like 35%) power increase, because you can do other mods like bigger injectors (like the 760cc Tomei, or maybe even the 444cc BNR34) and of course mess with timing and crap. I think that dumping a lot of money into a KA, super or turbo, is just not as preferable as the JDM turbo idea, because of the utter rev-happiness of the JDM motors. Having a motor that revs to 7500 is quite awesome. Also, the JDM motors are lighter... But that's another discussion. The bottom line here is, turbos are probably preferable to superchargers, because of cost/availability/modability, and there is no supercharger for the KA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts