Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a good tidbit. I was doing a bit of testing with a supercharged Frontier on a dyno and noticed that the airbox is the same as the NA model.

So I put a JWT POP on it and gained 15 hp to the wheels! The airbox is a major restriction. An exhaust gave only a 1-2 hp gain.

Mike

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Ah so the Sport Compact Car man messes around with trucks! Anyway, my father has a NA frontier what kind of gains do the NA trucks see with pop,WAI and similar setups? What other tips/tricks have you learned for the frontiers? Oh yeah Mom has a 98 WD21 got any tips/tricks for that?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PatScottAKA99XE said:
Ah so the Sport Compact Car man messes around with trucks! Anyway, my father has a NA frontier what kind of gains do the NA trucks see with pop,WAI and similar setups? What other tips/tricks have you learned for the frontiers? Oh yeah Mom has a 98 WD21 got any tips/tricks for that?
They really like cams! The Nissan Motorsports cams and the JWT cams make a huge difference.

Mike

·
Platinum
462 Posts
i didn't know there were cams for Nissan trucks. You are talking about VG33E motor right? Or are you talking about KA24? Hmm maybe on KA24, 240SX cams will work..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ag Bullet said:
There are cams for the S/C trucks. www.spencerlowracing.com carries them. They are about $400. They have a lot of goodies, both performance and for off-road.
JWT carries S1 and S2 cams for the VG30/33s also. Check their website.

The K&N FIPK makes 16HP I think with the ER motor. Statistically similar results.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CarbonBlack200 said:
i didn't know there were cams for Nissan trucks. You are talking about VG33E motor right? Or are you talking about KA24? Hmm maybe on KA24, 240SX cams will work..
Nissan motorsports and JWT also offer good KA cams as well.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts