Nissan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... here's my latest creation... Supercharged '89 Pathfinder VG30I. Everything is hand fabricated by me in person. It's an Eaton M90 Supercharger (90 cubic inches displacement)... and it runs on an L&P Performance moddified TBI unit and STOCK ECU!!! Thats right.... completely stock ECU, fuel system, and ignition system (base timing is set at 8 degrees BTDC for the moment until I get ahold of an MSD 6BTM) On a cool day without the air filter, it runs about a 7.2 second 0-60. Couple weeks ago, I finally finished fabbing a 4" cowl hood to clear everything. I also run open pacesetter headers, which you will hear in the video below. I had to put my old heads back on to drop my compression from ~11:1 (decked heads) back down to ~9:1... and I havent even BEGUN to mod this pair of heads yet. The engine boosts to about 14 psi on my boost/vac guage... A 3.8L Grand Prix GTP with a belt ratio of 1.87:1 does 8 psi stock... I have a belt ratio of about 2.1:1 on a 3.0L engine... hence the high boost. This entire setup is just temporary... now that I know it runs good, I'm going back and fabbing a really nice set of intake peices. The belt system is way weak as well.... that poor v-belt slips so bad under WOT that its not even funny... I been working on a timing-belt belt system to replace it (2:1 ratio) Also, an MSD boost retard controller is in the works. The rest of the truck is a mostly stock '89 SE.... but it has the super-rare factory brush guard and roof lights. Click below to see pics and vids! Let me know what you think!!! BTW... I am going to start offering kits soon as I finish up R&D... just wanted to show off a bit!

BTW... the burnout video at the bottom of the page is before the supercharger... I'll do one MUCH better in a week or two!
http://www.lpperformance.com/Pics and Vids.htm

1 - 1 of 1 Posts