Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
It is a ca18det! I had a phantom grip block put into the diff so that's why the tranny is out. The engine with the intercooler on top is what the CA18DET looks like in JapSPec form. I should have the car back up and running by 10am tomorrow morning as it only takes an hour to put it back together by myself. Since it's been down I 've installed new cams, bigger turbo, external wastegate, coilovers and about an hour's worth of tuning. I'll keep you guys posted as to how this one goes. To date the car has a ran best [email protected] with street tires, crappy suspension, cheesy T25 turbo and no LSD.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Would love to..:D Possibly suppress some of the hate from one of our new members on the list who tells me the car can't go 170mph. He's funny and I entertained him as much as I can, but I don't get paid for persuading people to believe me so it's "believe it or not" and move on.

·
Banned
118 Posts
You got told...and it hurts...

Once again...170 mph my ass...

You're a Liar...straight up...

As for hate...as long as there is people like boost_boy...B.S.ing on this forum....there is going to be people like me calling them on it...no hate...just truth...

Don't refer to me anymore...OK??

If you want me to flame you some more...I'll be more than happy...but I think I've embarrased you enough...

I've let it go...you can do the same...

Just as long as you know that there is no way on God's green earth that little B12 broke 150mph...much less that ellusive 170 you're hoping for...

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
hagasan said:
Just as long as you know that there is no way on God's green earth that little B12 broke 150mph...much less that ellusive 170 you're hoping for...
Hey hagasan, this sounds like hate. I don't know if Boost_Boy's B12 can go 170 or not, but why are you hating on him? I can tell you first hand that on the stock ca18det (without an I/C and @ 9psi of boost) I have seen 140mph in my fathers old ca18det set-up in him B12. I've also been way past the 150mph mark in my unlce's turbo se-r (I'm guessing it was 165mph).

I'm not saying that there's a reason to go that fast, but if you can, that's pretty damn amazing!!!

-Mario

PS: Boost_Boy, i'll be moving to FL soon and will mostlikely be bring the Sr20det B12 down in the winter. We'll have to give it a go. ;)

·
Banned
118 Posts
Posted by SR20 B12:
Hey hagasan, this sounds like hate. I don't know if Boost_Boy's B12 can go 170 or not, but why are you hating on him?
Im not sure if you know the whole story but pretty much it started in the "how fast SE-R can go" post....go there for the facts...

He went on and claimed that his sentra can do 170 mph AND can rev to 9750 rpm....:rolleyes:...both were lies...I called him on it...and he's been bitter ever since...

Said he's got video to prove it...I checked it out along with a few other forum members and called it bullshit...
Anyone that has ever done those kind of speeds knows what the video should have looked like.... I mean he was bearly passing traffic...that's no 170mph....or 150...MAYBE 130...and that's still being nice...;)

Like I said...I've let it go...he seems not to be able to...

BTW: Just because you SAW 140 mph does not mean you were ACTUALLY going 140mph. At those kind of speeds the speedometer's are NOTORIUSLY optimistic...

Pretty much...if you know anything about cars...you'll know that thing can't do 170mph.
If you want to belive it...that's your own problem...

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
hagasan said:
Anyone that has ever done those kind of speeds knows what the video should have looked like.... I mean he was bearly passing traffic...that's no 170mph....or 150...MAYBE 130...and that's still being nice...;)
I'm not trying to be a dick, but have you done those speed to know what it looks like? If not, please rephrase your statement.

BTW: Just because you SAW 140 mph does not mean you were ACTUALLY going 140mph. At those kind of speeds the speedometer's are NOTORIUSLY optimistic...
If you knew anything about B12, you would know that the speedometer only goes to 105mph. I saw 140 on a Autometer MPH gauge, which is pretty damn accurate.

Pretty much...if you know anything about cars...you'll know that thing can't do 170mph.
If you want to belive it...that's your own problem...
I'm not here to judge anyones car knowledge or insult what they drive, cause I could give two fucks. I just want the guys hardwork into his car be acknowledged, because eitherway you put it, it's an impressive job done on his car that takes a certain degree of skill not given to everyone.

-Mario

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sr20 B12 said:

I'm not trying to be a dick, but have you done those speed to know what it looks like? If not, please rephrase your statement.

If you knew anything about B12, you would know that the speedometer only goes to 105mph. I saw 140 on a Autometer MPH gauge, which is pretty damn accurate.

I'm not here to judge anyones car knowledge or insult what they drive, cause I could give two fucks. I just want the guys hardwork into his car be acknowledged, because eitherway you put it, it's an impressive job done on his car that takes a certain degree of skill not given to everyone.

-Mario

i agree with you !!!!!!!
if you really want to see if his car does 170mph plus why don't you go pay him a visit....we are here and we all love our nissans....(well most of us anyway!) you shouldn't hate on him becuase you don't understand...you should be asking him what other mod's he has done to make his car go that fast...don't judge until you see it firdt hand and i am sure he will show you first hand if you take a trip down to Florida!!!!!

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Sr20 B12 said:
I've gone 160mph+ in my neighbors old 94TT supra (he was driving). I know what it looks like to go that fast, and if you check the video, it can't be more than 130mph. But he still gets props for building a 13.9 B12. It hit 13's, so in my book, it doesn't matter if your driving a cardboard box. You still get respect for doin it. But sometimes, you just don't gotta lie to kick it. No way nissan would supply gearing on a fwd vehicle that is capable of those speeds. A B12 would fall apart at those speeds. The only way i see it possible if there is custom gearing.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Posted by OPIUM3:

I've gone 160mph+ in my neighbors old 94TT supra (he was driving). I know what it looks like to go that fast, and if you check the video, it can't be more than 130mph. But he still gets props for building a 13.9 B12. It hit 13's, so in my book, it doesn't matter if your driving a cardboard box. You still get respect for doin it. But sometimes, you just don't gotta lie to kick it. No way nissan would supply gearing on a fwd vehicle that is capable of those speeds. A B12 would fall apart at those speeds. The only way i see it possible if there is custom gearing.

Thank you OPIUM3...finally someone speaks up...

You see guys...^^^^^^^^^^^^^...someone who knows what they are talking about....

SR20 B12...selrider99...neither of you know what you are talking about...

boost_boy also said he's car revs to 9750rpm....let me guess guys...that's true too...:rolleyes:

...And I was NOT ragging on his car...I was ragging on him because he lied...just cause he has a modified car does not mean that he has an automatic right to pull out riduculus figures out his ass.

...I like OPIUM3's little B13 better anyway's...and he didn't even have to lie to impress me...and you know how he impressed me the most.........!!!he posted his time slips!!!...Insted of making bullshit claims first and then NOT covering his ass later like ****_boy here...

...boost_boy could have posted dyno results to end this all a while back...

But he won't...cause he can't...

BTW: I have done about 155mph+...1997 Yamaha YZF600R and 1989 Ford Mustang LX...I know what it looks like.

SR20 B12: If you would have taken the time to read the previous post you'd know that...

I'm done people...I have realised why none of the people that know this speak up though....

...this conversation has turned into an endless explanation to people that have no clue about cars...or simple physics...for that matter...

Shit like this is the prime example why the "IMPORT CROWD" can't get any respect from REAL gearheads....
Next time a dude in a nice ride flips you off and calls you a fag...thank boost_boy...people like him are the reason why gearheads don't like "rice cars"...

Thankfully we got people like OPIUM3 that can back their shit up...

*edit*

Please watch the insults. It's against the NissanForums.com rules and will lend more credibility to your arguments if you leave them out. -- Scott

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok look my point was !!!!!! If this little fight started in another thread then why are you going to try to finish it in this thread there is no need for animosity in this forum I admit I don't know to much about engine work/turbo ect... but I try to help from experience I have had with certain problems....But I would never put anyone down because I think they are lying...people that do that are called troublemakers.....!!!!!

·
Banned
118 Posts
....But I would never put anyone down because I think they are lying...people that do that are called troublemakers.....!!!!!
That's you...not me...I can't stand liars...

Posted by boost_boy:

Would love to.. Possibly suppress some of the hate from one of our new members on the list who tells me the car can't go 170mph. He's funny and I entertained him as much as I can, but I don't get paid for persuading people to believe me so it's "believe it or not" and move on.
Read this fucking post and tell me who is bringing this subject to this forum...are you fuckin blind or just stupid...???

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Take it easy guys. We dont need this type of stuff. I would also like to see this thread stay open. Who cares if he is lying or not. He has a car and want to show it off in this thread. Leave it at that. One more "Bicker" post and I will delete all of the other ones are obviously not "on topic" for this thread.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I'm going to reply, but let's chill with the negativity hagasan. to those I've gotten a chance to speak to one on one I think you guys could atest that I'm not a youngster and I really would not sit at my computer and toss lies out to you. I've posted in previous posts to OPIUM3 and to the B12 gang and anybody interested in what is being posted here that I was clocked by a state trooper at 173mph, did not get a ticket, no jail, but an extremely long lecture about driving at that rate of speed in a car that was not prepped for highspeed driving (tires). You don't have to believe that because I did not video tape me getting pulled over and I don't think the cop cared to bust my chops one being he was amazed at what kind of car it was and that I was not racing anyone. Well that was then, in that silver B12 you guys see it's a bit more refined better engine management, better suspension, better tires, fresh from the track with race fuel, a real good highway race with a couple of really nice cars. One car in particular that helps me verify 160+mph is the S2000 who had gotten as high 152mph. He had been waiting to get me on the highway because he had already beat up another friend's 200sx with SR20DET in it in which I built so it would make sense to want a peice of me as well. To clarify this race: When this IS300 joined in our game of cat & mouse, I thought it was just a Lexus IS300 and since I had the camera man in the car, I figured this would be a good time to get some real time footage on how good the car is on the highway. But when I saw this guy had an intercooler in the front and heard that wastegate, I knew this would be an excellent race or that I was gonna get smoked. Yeah we ducked in and out of traffic, but this highway is bigger than you think and trust me our cars never went below 100mph. At the last piece of the video we had already been racing as soon as we cleared that treeline on the left side of the screen and that time my speedo was already buried on the reset button. My friend in the S2000 could fight off the AudiTT, the AudiTT chased after me whereas I was more interested in th IS300(T), the AudiTT could not get past the Lexus and the Lexus could not catch up with me as well as me seperating myself from the pack. I don't know how the (don't believe bunch) can't see that we were driving very fast, but then again you'll believe what you want. That IS was built by "TOYOMOTO" an excellent builder of Lexus/Toyota fast cars for people with long money and I assure you this car wasn't P?ssy-built either. And it had been confirmed by the guy that drove the Lexus, that there's an old-school sentra out there crusing at over 170mph and even admitted he got smoked on I-75 and that's why I say I have the rights to brag for it is an accomplishment not just for me, but for nissan in general. You should see how much business I got now;) If you know anything about the CA series motors and their drive-trains, then all doubt would cease because the N/A engines are capable of 140+mph easily (CA16DE/CA18DE). As soon as I'm done with tuning the car and am comfortable with putting it on the DYNO, I'll be happy to post it here because you are not the only that's interested in the preformance of the CA18DET. Have a few B12 people who want to go fast and ask me alot of questions so yes, I would love to put the #'s up and as soon as I get a spec sheet I'll post it. Sorry this is so long, but via this computer you can say or do anything you want and then again you are limited to reading. If I had had a doubt about something or someone and really needed to know, I would personally take a trip and satisfy my curiosity. And Sr 20 B12, I'll be looking forward to you moving down this way and maybe we can go for that ride that I've extended to everyone:) And hagasan I ain't mad at you "dog", because if you know nothing about a CA then you would be a bit optimistic, just you could've took a different approach at commenting for we all are here to learn from each other. And selrider99, them gunmetal rims looks nice on the car, though the car needs a paint job "Bad".

1 - 20 of 54 Posts