Nissan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
krylonkoopaa said:
this has to be thew worst superbowl ever. detroit was bland and the refs sucked and the game was boring. the half time show was horrible If I had money I would of watched the lingere bowl. the stones sounded like shit. no one said Im going to disney land. I am very disapointed.
you know what....even the commercials sucked.....

·
Respek Knuckles
1,172 Posts
myoung said:
you know what....even the commercials sucked.....
yeah budwiesers made me chuckle. the godaddy was lame yeah nothing too special.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Worst officiating i've seen in a game in quite a while.

Both teams gave each other plenty of chances, with the Steelers taking advantage of theirs. The 'hawks dropped too many balls. But everytime they did move the ball in a large chunk, it was taken away from them on a penalty. Of all of the penalties I saw, there was 1 holding call that was legitamate. The rest were bogus to ticky-tack.

Hasselback getting called for "hitting a blocker too low". Awful.
The pass interference in the endzone touchdown. Egregious. There are 5 catches a game where that happens and it never gets called.
Roethlesberger didn't cross the line as far as I could tell. Not enough evidence to overturn the call? I don't know, but it goes in line with the rest of the crappy calls the ref's made.

Bottom line, the Steelers squeaked by and J. Stevens dropping 3 balls is what lost the game for them. That and the clock managment at the end of both halves.

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
WTF were the Seahawks doing at the end of the halves? I could have made better play calls and I know fuck all aboot Yankee football. Aside from bogus calls, they didn't deserve it after playing like that.

And as usual, the national carrier up here ursurps the Super Bowl Special commercials for a whole whack of AIM Trimark commercials showing Finnsh Snow Tires. Grrr.

I mean, er, how about them Senators?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Forgotten Child Star said:
WTF were the Seahawks doing at the end of the halves? I could have made better play calls and I know fuck all aboot Yankee football. Aside from bogus calls, they didn't deserve it after playing like that.

And as usual, the national carrier up here ursurps the Super Bowl Special commercials for a whole whack of AIM Trimark commercials showing Finnsh Snow Tires. Grrr.

I mean, er, how about them Senators?
From what I could tell, Matt H. (Seattle QB) was trying to call an audible (change the play at the line). It was taking him a bit more time than usual, and when he did get the match up he wanted, The STEALers called time out. Smart move on their part.

The refs and the NFL should be ashamed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
myoung said:
I don't think the Steelers were SUPER, the Seahawks had plenty of chances and blew it time after time... missed field goals,, awful clock managment and questionable play calling... but then again I really didn't think they were all that great anyways... they could have won the crappy NFC West with 7 wins......

I thought the Steelers had a bad game, I think if both teams played to their potential, Steelers would easily win by 14 I think...coaching definately made a difference in this game as well

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
240sxstud said:
Steelers would easily win by 14
You do realize they won by 11 right? A Field Goal was all they were short as far as you were consered. And don't forget, when you have the lead (by over one possion none the less) you're not playing to score again, you're playing to run out the clock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
this has to be thew worst superbowl ever. detroit was bland and the refs sucked and the game was boring. the half time show was horrible If I had money I would of watched the lingere bowl.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts