Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
The Cowboys over the Steelers 27-17!!! Larry Brown will be the MVP.......O'Donnell with throw 3 Int's.......OH WAIT....That's Super bowl XXX. :D


Steelers will win.....28-10. Seattle will be shut down until the last quarter when they FINALLY score a TD.....MVP will be the BUS!! all due to the hometown stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
After what the Steelers did to my home state team I believe they will run all over Seattle. I won't even watch, not really worth it IMO. The Broncs' ain't there so oh well
 

·
What's in your wallet?
Joined
·
2,640 Posts
Steelers 34 - Seahawks 24
co-MVPs = Bettis and Big Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Marvin said:
Hawks 20
Steelers 14

MVP = Shaun alexander
I fixed it for you. Score predictions are retarded. When it comes down to so much talent in each team the true difference will be between the coaching. Mike holmgren did the impossible and took the steve smith show off the air. Granted he had help win Goings got taken out of the game. I dunno it will hopefully be an interesting game. THe difference makes will be maleuna on defense and big ben on offense and somebody else besides hasslebeck and alexander will need to step up on the hawks offense.

What i really want to see is a stealers gadget play to win the superbowl like the 70s.
 

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
muchachomaloo said:
I fixed it for you. Score predictions are retarded. When it comes down to so much talent in each team the true difference will be between the coaching. Mike holmgren did the impossible and took the steve smith show off the air. Granted he had help win Goings got taken out of the game. I dunno it will hopefully be an interesting game. THe difference makes will be maleuna on defense and big ben on offense and somebody else besides hasslebeck and alexander will need to step up on the hawks offense.

What i really want to see is a stealers gadget play to win the superbowl like the 70s.

is there a score and mvp in all that? :rolleyes:

question.. what or who the heck is MALEUNA? Maybe you mean Polamalu or Marquand Manuel????

oh btw it's Steel not Steal.... they aren't named after Thieves ;)





The three four-pointed starlike figures within the circle, called hypocycloids for their geometric origin, made it to the NFL in 1962, when Rooney adopted the Steelmark for his football team. The Steelers logo is based on the Steelmark logo belonging to the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI). The Steelmark was originally created for United States Steel Corporation to promote the attributes of steel: yellow lightens your work; orange brightens your leisure; and blue widens your world. The logo’s meaning was later amended to represent the three materials used to produce steel: yellow for coal; orange for iron ore; and blue for steel scrap.
Back in the early 60s, the Steelers had to petition AISI in order to change the word "Steel" inside the Steelmark to "Steelers" before the logo was complete. Cleveland's Republic Steel suggested to the Steelers that they use the Steelmark as a helmet logo.

In order to test out the Steelmark and see how it looked on their all-gold helmets, the Steelers equipment manager was instructed to put it on only the right side of the helmet. That year the Steelers finished with a 9-5 mark and became the winningest team in franchise history to date. They wanted to do something special for their first postseason game, so they changed the color of their helmets from gold to black, which helped to highlight the new logo.

The interest generated by having the logo on only one side of their helmets along with the team’s new success, the Steelers decided to leave the helmet that way permanently. Today's helmet reflects the way the logo was originally applied and it has never been changed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Soon to be the Seattle Seahawks celebration song
I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls -
You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it
-
I thank you all -

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise -
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -
And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
Cause we are the champions - of the world.
 

·
Soggy GloryHoler
Joined
·
792 Posts
This game is fuckin rigged I tells ya. I know that the refs are on the Steelers payroll. We would be up by 3 in the 3rd but because I TD was taken from the Hawks. Then FAT Ben (the snake) slipped the ball in the endzone after he got his shit pushed in. The ball was never even in there, not even in midair. He was stopped in his tracks and snuck it in there after the ball hit the ground. That call even had some Steelers fans going WTF? This is total bullshit. I hope some Steelers fan tries to justify those calls.... :mad:
 

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm tired of my usernamee said:
This game is fuckin rigged I tells ya. I know that the refs are on the Steelers payroll. We would be up by 3 in the 3rd but because I TD was taken from the Hawks. Then FAT Ben (the snake) slipped the ball in the endzone after he got his shit pushed in. The ball was never even in there, not even in midair. He was stopped in his tracks and snuck it in there after the ball hit the ground. That call even had some Steelers fans going WTF? This is total bullshit. I hope some Steelers fan tries to justify those calls.... :mad:
The ball broke the plain...it doesn't have to be "in"...it was a td before he hit the ground...


The called back TD was obvious offensive pass interference...he stopped and pushed off... its illegal...

Don't be a sore loser...


and I'm not a Steeler fan
 

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tim1950 said:
Soon to be the Seattle Seahawks celebration song
I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls -
You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it
-
I thank you all -

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise -
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -
And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
Cause we are the champions - of the world.
Talk about a JINX...that's up there with IronTom's Eagle guarantee....haha
 

·
I'm Not Nice
Joined
·
2,099 Posts
myoung said:
Talk about a JINX...that's up there with IronTom's Eagle guarantee....haha
lol their seem song now is
I've got a lovely bunch of cocnuts lmao

and I will admit it. I wanted the steelers to win but I don't think Ben made that touchdown neither. I jumped up right next to the tv during the replays to get a good look and I don't think it broke the plane at all. I think they need to put one of those chips that can tell when you cross a certain line into the footballs and when a football crosses the plane a red light comes on like in hockey to help the refs out. Bt it don't matter they won by more than 7 points so oh well a win is a win
 

·
Soggy GloryHoler
Joined
·
792 Posts
I wouldnt call a little tap a pass interference. And the holding call was bull. Everytime the seahawks got near the endzone the refs would make some stupid ass call. In the 4th there was a drag down at the 30 I believe where a Hawk was pulled down by the back collar. Basically a choking takedown. Im not a sore loser but I saw some seriously bad calls.
 

·
Respek Knuckles
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
this has to be thew worst superbowl ever. detroit was bland and the refs sucked and the game was boring. the half time show was horrible If I had money I would of watched the lingere bowl. the stones sounded like shit. no one said Im going to disney land. I am very disapointed.
 

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think the Steelers were SUPER, the Seahawks had plenty of chances and blew it time after time... missed field goals,, awful clock managment and questionable play calling... but then again I really didn't think they were all that great anyways... they could have won the crappy NFC West with 7 wins......
 

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
apachewoolf said:
yeah it sucks that all the good teams lost in the playoffs but i guess that's what cockiness gets them coughcoltscough
The Colts are the new Bills...

actually worse... the Bills at least made it to the big game...
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top