Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a sunroof built in to their car? I got one of the few b14 200sx's with out one. I was wondering if anyone knew about how much it would cost.

·
poster
1,894 Posts
Next time check out our classifieds section. That is where I found this. Not too sure how much for the install, but i'm guessing it would be atleast a few hundred dollars. GL.

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
i think that if your car came without a sunroof, then you shouldnt get one, but if you want one thats up to you. sunroofs arent that expensive. i installedo one on my friend hardbody, and it was easy. just take of the headliner to see where you support braces and such are, then measure how big your sunroof is, and make the appropiate cuts. but i installed one of the popout sunroofs, that only tilt, not slide open. if you were to make one that slides in and out, might cost you more!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
idk if this will help but my parents got an estimate from a dealership for their Jetta and it would run em approx 3 large to get one installed ...

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
never go to a stealership to get anything installed!!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
if you get a sunroof, try to find out that's is specifically for the 200sx, like the one in the classified. That should pretty much bolt right on, aside from having to deal with electrical and making the switch/ motor fit between the headliner and roof. Try to find a used headliner from a junked 200sx w/ a sunroof, makes it easier. If not a 200sx sunroof, you can get one of the universal sunroofs, make sure it's on of the "spoiler" type sunroof that opens out side the car, or it won't work, this would involve more fabrication, as far as wiring and fitting.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a retarded question ... how in the hell r u going to mount it ? take a saw to ur roof ? (my sisters ex bf did that last week but made a convertible w/o a roof lol). and how u gonna prevent water leaking ? I dunno ... I hate the price but i would rather get a dealership to warranty their work then to have a f****d car ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts