Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem? If I open my sunroof all the way (into the position I could stand through the roof), the visor goes back as supposed to. But when I shut it, the visor stays open. How do I fix that? Would that be something Courtesy Nissan has?

Another minor problem I am having is that the paint on one of my rims is peeling off. Does anyone know of a shop in the Dallas area that does powder coating on rims for cheap? I can afford new rims just yet, so I figure this is the best alternative until that time. TIA!

·
Registered
702 Posts
i have a 98 SE with sunroof and when i open the sunroof the visor is supposed to tag along with it because thats the way its designed because its OEM and when you close it its goin the opposite direction which doesnt pull the visor along with it, if you really hate it then i have no idea how you go about fixin that...i just dont think its that big of a deal.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont mind it too much. I usually drive with the visor open. It just when I want to close it at night it is a pain to get unstuck to close it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i didnt realize it got stuck, i thought you meant it just stayed there and then you just had to pull it....that would be a problem if its stuck but i think possibly that you could find the problem yourself and it would work fine...shouldnt be that difficult. let me know of anymore problems

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. No other problems. I just heard from a friend of mine that there is a detail shop near my house that does this sort of work. I might just take it to them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
the sunroof shade isn't made to travel back with the roof when it's closing, it only moves with the roof as it is sliding back (opening). if it did, then there would be no point in having th pop-up function....no air would get in (and the whole point of the pop-up is to aid in circulation). not to mention some people like driving with just the shade back, or the shade back and roof popped up.

so, if you know you'll only need the shade back when the sunroof is completely open, try to find a way to attach it...or see if that detail shop knows of a way.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it won't shut all the way. Let me clarify the scenario. If I open the sunroof to wide open (not the pop-up), the visor goes all the way back as is supposed to. Now when I go to shut the sunroof, the visor stays back hidden. It is supposed to come out an inch or two so thet I can get a hold of it to shut it. It currently isn't functioning properly. You see what I'm saying?

My car goes into the shop tomorrow and I should have it back by around Friday. So, next week I'll take it to the detail shop and see what they say. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
702 Posts
now i get it...well seems the sunroof is going back farther then it should taking the visor with it...that would be a problem but its good your gettin it checked out...now im not so confused.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I just re-read my posts, and even I got confused. :D i've been real tired lately, so it's not wonder I confused everyone.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Basically what I have to do at this point in time is shut the sun roof. Then pop it up so that my hand will have room to slide under the roof (with my hand pulling down on the ceiling) and then use my hand under the roof to slide the visor out enough to shut the visor. Annoying as a ricers with loud pipes that aren't going anywhere. :D Anyways, we'll see what happens. Hopefully it wont cost too much. I just put my car in the shop a few minutes ago. I'm having a new OEM clutch put in, rear main seal, and tranny mounts. I'm gonna be out around $550. not too bad. After that I still have to replace the damned A/C compressor and drier. The visor may have to go onto the back burner.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it does also. After I have it fixed, I'll post what the problem was incase anyone in the future goes thorugh the same BS I'm going through.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts