Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I opened my sunroof yesterday (Nissan x trail 61 plate) to get some air in the car as it was roasting and now the button seems to be playing up! Before I had to just press the button once and it would do what I wanted but now I have to hold the button down and it stops every maybe 10 or 12 cm and I have to pash again for it to continue.
Could the heat yesterday have done something to the switch? It works just doesn’t work as it did before, having to hold the button down rather than just pushing it once. Any ideas? Thank you, Sam

·
Registered
459 Posts
i wonder if the switch control can be pulled out and carefully clean the contact points? Just be careful no to further damage anything. Or if not sure , take it to an autoglass shop. It may be a simple cheap repair or they might tell you that the moonroof motor is getting worn out and weak or as Otomodo mentioned above, the tracks need lube. They should have the proper track lube. WD40 or silicone spray will initially lube but dries out too easily. I'd poloitely call up a glass shop with your concern and ask their manager if they have good experience with servicing sunroof/moonroof issues. Might be even a cheap fix freebie , just to keep you the potential future customer happy and return for other needed repair/replacement work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts