Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunk my 2000 Frontier Monday. Filled the cab up with water to the top of the seats "top of where you sit" After getting pulled out and drying out the dist. she cranked up with no problems other than it idling a little rough. Shortly after cranking it up, the ABS light came on. The next day, I pulled out the ABS board from under the drivers seat and let it dry out all day, replaced it and the ABS light went out, it was still idling rough though, rpms kept going up and down. I then decided to pull the ECM to make sure it was dry. pulled it out and just removed the cover, let it sit in the sun for 2 hrs. put it back in the truck and now I get nothing at all. no spark, no fuel pump nothing. I checked all the fuses in and under the hood. all connections are made. Any ideas?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would make sure of your ground connection. That would make it not start up. Make sure the starter doesn't have any water in it. It might have fried from starting with water in the coil. Easy check is to take the starter off and connect a cable from the battery and see if it spins up.

Did you get flooded by living next to a river or happen to take a wrong turn? Lots of people got flooded out along the Delaware around here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boogyman said:
I would make sure of your ground connection. That would make it not start up. Make sure the starter doesn't have any water in it. It might have fried from starting with water in the coil. Easy check is to take the starter off and connect a cable from the battery and see if it spins up.

Did you get flooded by living next to a river or happen to take a wrong turn? Lots of people got flooded out along the Delaware around here.

Took a wrong turn, I went through the hole 2 days earlier but somebody with a monster truck dug in out in between times. Starter works, headlights, radio, etc. just no fuel pump or ignition, check engine light also does not come on now either.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That really sucks. I would look and see if the connections to the ECM are not corroded. If you open it up, check for burned components. Also, make sure the connector isn't on backwards. If it was, it might be a loss. That's all I can think of off hand.

·
3,553 Posts
Owie....that sucks. Those things are pretty sensitive to both static electricity and moisture...perhaps you somehow gave it a zap somewhere along the line while taking it out, or the sun-baking somehow caused moisture to avaporate and condense onto something inside that made it not want to work anymore. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts