Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I purchased a 2008 Pathfinder three months ago, brand new. I'm already having some noise issues. Recently, the sun roof shade has been making this annoying rattling sound when fully closed, while driving over even the slightest road bumps. The shade needs to be fully open in order for the rattling to stop, but I'm not happy with that. I can't keep the shade open in the summer to have the scorching sun burn my scalp. Is this an ongoing issue, and is it repairable?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Help! I purchased a 2008 Pathfinder three months ago, brand new. I'm already having some noise issues. Recently, the sun roof shade has been making this annoying rattling sound when fully closed, while driving over even the slightest road bumps. The shade needs to be fully open in order for the rattling to stop, but I'm not happy with that. I can't keep the shade open in the summer to have the scorching sun burn my scalp. Is this an ongoing issue, and is it repairable?
Back to the dealer! They will deal with it.

Or, tape a real thin piece of cardboard on the sunroof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I thought that others may have had a similar issue. Dealing with the dealership is like pulling teeth sometimes, but I will have to pay them a visit, regardless. Something minor like this can become quite annoying, although I have heard that the Pathfinder can become very noisy after only a few miles driven.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought that others may have had a similar issue. Dealing with the dealership is like pulling teeth sometimes, but I will have to pay them a visit, regardless. Something minor like this can become quite annoying, although I have heard that the Pathfinder can become very noisy after only a few miles driven.
You may get a window rattle when you roll down driver's side a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts