·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brake pads are good to choose:

- EBC Greenstuff
- HAWK HPS Street
- GranSport 6

Last one I changed 5 months ago (13k miles on them) and they are dead. Is not too fast? I live in area where are a lot of mountains.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
chimmike said:
please use the "SUSPENSION AND BRAKES" forum. thank you.
Thank you for right subject direction

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Scyzor75 said:
What brake pads are good to choose...
I look at brakes pads as I do tires--too many out there to expect only one ultimate option. I relish the thought of trying different brands and formulations.

That said, I like the Hawk race pads. That doesn't help you any, though. I have EBC Green stuff on the tow beast but I'm not thrilled with them at all...probably because Chrsyler really underachieved with the Dakota brake system. Only slightly bettter than the blocks of wood that came from the factory. I'm afraid a Baer upgrade is in the truck's future.

On your SE-R, the EBC pads might function quite well.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
EBC Greenstuff is crap. People who say these are good have probably not used many performance brakes. They may be available at Pep Boys for only 35 bucks, but their fade resistance and life is unacceptable. The one thing that they are good for is not dusting. I would reccomend OE pads over these.

The Hawks are pretty well rated and most users seem pleased with them.

Carbotech Engineering makes a great pad called the Bobcat 1521. I personally have it and I am very pleased. It is ceramic/carbon and has good initial bite, superb fade resistance (about as good as a street pad can be), long life and is very friendly on rotors. Best of all, Carbotech will make it for any car.
http://www.carbotecheng.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts