Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'93 Sentra XE

I just installed an aftermarket head unit and it powered up fine and played radio stations well and the sound through my factory speakers was fine but i had a problem in that my parking lights/dashboard/cabin-dome fuse kept blowing out. I took the unit back out and disconnected the illumination/dimmer wire coming from the unit and replaced the fuse. This worked and no blown fuse. But since earlier in the day the sound suddenly went away...almost. I can still hear the radio stations but it's very very soft and doesn't get louder even if i crank the volume dial up.

Any ideas what could be causing this? (unit has detachable face, if that helps)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after a couple early mornings where the stereo sound worked perfectly normal but then would not work later in the day (lunch, then getting off work at 5) i tried removing the face plate upon arriving at work and bringing it inside with me. Later at lunch the stereo sound worked normally. I removed the face plate again returning from lunch. After work the sound again worked normally. So I guess my face plate doesn't like sitting in my car as it gets real warm in the cabin while sitting in the parking lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts