Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kk well a few months ago i installed a sub into my car. it worked fine for the last 3 months, and 2 days ago my alternator died. i am nearly 100% positive that my subwoofer caused this. when i replaced my alternator, i was searching for a more powerful alternator, but i could only find the stock 70 Amp one. does anybody know if they make an alternator for a 93 sentra se that can handle more current than that one, or is there anything i can do so that i wont blow my alternator?

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
No you will have top retro fit one in there. On my old 200 I had a chevy 100 amp I think. How many watts are you running. Cause it shouldnt be sucking that much power?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was running a 1000 watt amp. i was a bit surprised that it did blow.....but it was a stock alternator and im almost at 100,000 miles.....sooo, it was bound to go bad eventually. lol. any ideas?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
94econobox said:
Would a stiffening capacitor for the sub help this?
Caps help with power deilvery to the amp by storing power, the power stil comes from the same source which is the alternator. A single farad cap is a band aid. If you were to go with the alumapro 15 or 50 farad CAP it would make a notiible difference but ultimately is not a better solution than an upgraded alternator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i think im gonna call around to see if i can find a higher output alternator. i did the math today and figured i was pushing 83 amps to my 70 amp alternator. haha :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts