Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy in my homeroom told me he raced a Se-R Sentra and beat it im talking the bout the newer 2000 spec V's i think he is lying his ass off cause his car is auto so he has no chance with his wanna be import does he?

·
Registered
138 Posts
didn't you read the the thread that i put up about a the probe against my 200. i waxed his ass by four car lengths so thats proof that he was lying about beating a ser spec-v

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
What year probe is it? I've test drove those older probes that are turbo'd and they can move especially if its been modified. It really would depend on what he's done to that probe.

Z

·
0 Posts
yeah, more details please. base model probe from any year = SE-R food. BUT - the older turbo Probe GTs were pretty quick and ran mid-low 15s stock. They will absolutely give a Spec V a run for its money, especially if it's modded at all. The newer Probe GT V6 ones are also in the mid 15 second range and will put up a decent fight, again especially if modded.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a stock probe with ease. It was 2.5 v6 version. I was leaving it from the start. It just doesnt live up to 2.5 V6, just like the Cougar dont. I have a Stock SR20DE. I guess there alot heavier then Almera's. (Hatchback version to the 200SX, Euro Spec)

·
Registered
321 Posts
It also matter if the Probe is an auto or not. PGT 5 speeds (2nd gen) can pull 15.6-15.8 stock, but the autos are only good for 16.9-17.0...huge difference.

My roomate has a 94 GT 5 speed, and stock to stock he could pull 1.5 cars in the 1/4 on my SE-R (a 93). Now with CAI/Headers/Exhaust/TB he can pull even more (I have header/timing). I would expect he'd be an excellent match for a Spec V (he can run tranction limited 15.1's in the 1/4).......but a stock one would get beat by a competant Spec V driver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts