Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this guy in my homeroom told me he raced a Se-R Sentra and beat it im talking the bout the newer 2000 spec V's i think he is lying his ass off cause his car is auto so he has no chance with his wanna be import does he?

·
Registered
201 Posts
didn't you read the the thread that i put up about a the probe against my 200. i waxed his ass by four car lengths so thats proof that he was lying about beating a ser spec-v

G

·
yeah, more details please. base model probe from any year = SE-R food. BUT - the older turbo Probe GTs were pretty quick and ran mid-low 15s stock. They will absolutely give a Spec V a run for its money, especially if it's modded at all. The newer Probe GT V6 ones are also in the mid 15 second range and will put up a decent fight, again especially if modded.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had a stock probe with ease. It was 2.5 v6 version. I was leaving it from the start. It just doesnt live up to 2.5 V6, just like the Cougar dont. I have a Stock SR20DE. I guess there alot heavier then Almera's. (Hatchback version to the 200SX, Euro Spec)

·
Registered
658 Posts
It also matter if the Probe is an auto or not. PGT 5 speeds (2nd gen) can pull 15.6-15.8 stock, but the autos are only good for 16.9-17.0...huge difference.

My roomate has a 94 GT 5 speed, and stock to stock he could pull 1.5 cars in the 1/4 on my SE-R (a 93). Now with CAI/Headers/Exhaust/TB he can pull even more (I have header/timing). I would expect he'd be an excellent match for a Spec V (he can run tranction limited 15.1's in the 1/4).......but a stock one would get beat by a competant Spec V driver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.