Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The annoying air bag light blinks repeatedly, it started after this really nice lady tried to do some body work on my left front fender by making a right hand turn from the left hand lane (thank god a cop sat and watched her do it, made making her pay for it much easier) and resetting the ECU doesn't seem to stop it, it'll stop for a month or two and come back again. No one has found anything that would cause it to blink and it reports no errors. Personally I hate the air bag, when it went off it did me far more harm than good (nearly choked me to death from the smoke and placed a 1 inch welp on my arm and didn't even hit me in the chest like it's supposed to do) so if disconnecting it and/or the light is an option worth thinking about has anyone done this and know how to go about it without having it explode in my face?

·
Registered
249 Posts
You probably have a bad air bag sensor. Mine did that with out any warning. Warranty

·
Registered
35 Posts
my 1996 sentra does the same thing. it just started for no reason and i cant seem to get it to turn off. I dont want to pay for the dealer to look at it. by the way it went off before i got into an accident and my airbags didnt go off, which i thought was a good thing!

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
Prolly because your sensors are on the very front of the car. Head on collisions only will set em off. But side impacts might effect em also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah its probably your sensor that happened to me after running my car and somebody idiot made a u turn in front of me i pressed my brakes really hard and the light just turned on. i dont have enough money to replace it so i went in my dash and pulled out the bulb for the light. you could disconnect it i've seen it done in hondas and others but i dunno just by the book and follow the instructions to take it off just dont let it blow up while your doing it..hehehe ive seen that...

·
Banned
126 Posts
Yep, when i replaced my gauge lights to blue, i saw where i could take out the bulb for the "airbag", and "check engine" light...
Since, my "check engine" light comes on and off periodically, i was thinking aobut taking the bulb out ;)
I would feel bad when i sell it, but it saves me the embarrassment when my friends ask "what the hell is wrong with your car" HAHAHAH

·
Registered
479 Posts
my light started flashing for no reason at all i wasnt hit and i didnt do any work to my car either...i havent fixed i t yet

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
If your car is still under warrenty, take it by the dealership. If not its pretty much gonna be your sensor.
To reset this light....

Open driver door
Get in
Shut door
Turn ignition to the on position The one that will go all the way, but not to start car)
Open door
Reach down with your right hand if your a rightty
Press the door ajar sensor button thing (7) times
Shut door
Start your car.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
it worked

Doug4321 said:
To reset this light....

Open driver door
Get in
Shut door
Turn ignition to the on position The one that will go all the way, but not to start car)
Open door
Reach down with your right hand if your a rightty
Press the door ajar sensor button thing (7) times
Shut door
Start your car.....
wow that worked.. i tried 3 times.. after the 3rd try it worked.. my air bag is fixed.. i think its easier if you use your left hand reach down with your left hand instead.. thanks saved me lots of money...

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Platinum200 said:
Since, my "check engine" light comes on and off periodically, i was thinking aobut taking the bulb out ;)
I would feel bad when i sell it, but it saves me the embarrassment when my friends ask "what the hell is wrong with your car" HAHAHAH
Why don't you simply fix the problem..

CEL's don't go on and off for no reason. Next time it's on why don't you check the code?

·
Registered
35 Posts
it really works! i had the dealers turn it off and it still came back on so i decided to try this and it worked....i love the forums!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts