Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
374 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
There was a recall, they simply cut the top of the floor mats so that they are shorter. I would take it in and tell them that it got jammed over the pedal. As for changing your oil more than 3,000 miles... all you need to do is keep an eye on your oil level, just add some oil if your low oil. BTW engine break in is 5,000 miles not 1,000.
thats correct. do not abuse your car until you get at least 5000miles on it or you could be in trouble. Also change to synthetic fluids(engine and transmittion) your car will thank you.

· Registered
374 Posts
bbpinkfloyd said:
Oh well thanks for the help.

As for the 1000 miles break in that is what the manual said so I was going by that. Now I am going to try to be easy on my engine for a little while longer. Will being easy on it NOW(after being an excitable young pilot) matter any?
The damage could already be done. I would watch the oil level if you are still using oil after 5000miles you have a problem. :cool:

· Registered
374 Posts
bbpinkfloyd said:
I have rigged a cap that fits on top of the little post. It acts like a cottor pin and keeps the mat from sliding off the post. I made it out of a water bottle cap but will be look for a better cap if Nissan does not give a updated mat.

I got the idea from a VW where the mats snap into place.

Also how do you not abuse a six-speed high-revving four-banger that revs so fast in first gear that you have to shift before completing a left hand turn?
shift early, the peak power is at 6000 rpm so get ready to shift at 5800. Its just something you will have to get used to or learn how to shift gears in a corner but watch out for the torque steer.:eek:

· Registered
374 Posts
bbpinkfloyd said:
I am not sure what we are considoring abuse.

Is abuse only letting your needle go into redline?

Or is it abuse also going full throttle but shifting before the redline?

Also, is it hard on the engine to take first gear higher that 3000 rpm (normal throttle pressure) to complete a normal left turn from a traffic light?
this is not your normal 4 banger. for instance my 200sx has a redline of 7600rpm and produces most of its power above 6000 rpm. The qr25de produces over 150lbft of torque at 2200rpm which makes the car drive more like a v8. Take offs are tricky I do not launch over 2000 rpm or I just spin the tires. Turning while taking off is ever harder remeber this car has lsd so it drives different than most front wheel drive cars. (abuse) do not hit the rev limiter its not good for the car, you can go full throttle but use caution and do not drive like that all the time.:p

· Registered
374 Posts
bbpinkfloyd said:
Thanks for the info, cortrim1.

Back to the orginal question, do you think anything specifc might have happened when the throttle got stuck and I was bouncing off the rev limiter while clutched and in neutral for about 5 seconds?
If could have but most likley your car is fine. When the rev limiter kicks in it cuts off your fuel which is not the kindest way to do it but very effective. I would check my oil once a week until you hit 7500miles or the car stops using oil. I have hit the rev limiter a few times my car is ok and has never used any oil.:p

your welcome

mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.